Small Kate with Silver Hardware

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
Is this worth buying at its current price?

How's the wear and tear?

There's a retailer here which still has the old price (though probably not for long!) that's why I'm tempted to get it.

I have the black Loulou (medium and small) and black grained sunset, all with silver hardware.

I'm a silver hardware black bag girl.

Kate bags have extremely durable leather. Therefore they are very scratch resistant.
The caveat is that the leather is very stiff and has little to no give. Therefore, this is not a leather that will soften and relax overtime.

It is actually deceivingly small and I highly recommend you go into stores to put your items inside to make sure they fit.

I had a Kate in the size medium and my 6 ring key holder (with my car fob inside) was just barely too big for it.

Also, if you push it and overstuff it even by just a little, the flap is not only difficult to close but will warp and tilt at an angle, which is very obvious.

I sold my Kate probably about a year after buying it. It’s a beautiful bag but doesn’t fit my lifestyle unfortunately.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Reactions: Antigone
I adore my small Kate! It’s a great going out bag and can take a beating. I don’t baby it at all. It holds my
keys, card case, AirPods, lip stuff and mints. My phone is typically in my hands :giggle:

Attachments

• 26AA4176-B4DB-4730-8E11-AEF9867302FD.jpeg
    26AA4176-B4DB-4730-8E11-AEF9867302FD.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 20