Small Hammock in Pebble grain or Classic calfskin?

Brasil

Jan 30, 2018
Hey, i would like to purchase this bag. Only dont´t know in which leather. Who has experience, can anyone use or maybe very well knows this calfskin? Which to choose? Thank you.

Hey, i would like to purchase this bag. Only dont´t know in which leather. Who has experience, can anyone use or maybe very well knows this calfskin? Which to choose? Thank you.
Apologies in advance that I don’t know the leather types you’re asking about “well” to be exact however, I do have a bag in classic calfskin and one in grained. I love the way they both look and feel equally and wouldn’t be able to choose between them based on that alone. I simply chose the leather type based on the style of each bag. Ex. I like the look of the puzzle in classic and the anagram tote in grained.

If your decision is based on how each might age, I’m sure someone else can chime in and help out:smile:

Best wishes choosing and enjoy!

From personal experience I would say grained leather. Currently I have 4 Loewe bags remaining (2 small gates, small Puzzle and Medium Puzzle) and they all are in grained leather. They have been used and there is virtually no sign of wear. I have had a small Puzzle and a small Hammock in smooth leather and they are no longer in my collection (didn’t like the way it wore). I do have several Loewe SLGs in smooth leather but to be honest I don’t mind the wear on them (in fact I prefer it as opposed on a bag). I believe a lot of people love theirs in smooth leather and it seem to be working well for them, however I have decided that for me personally Loewe grained leather is the right choice and I couldn’t be happier with my remaining collection.
Good luck deciding.