• Small classic box in black

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Medium clasp in black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ayan0624

Oct 2, 2018
Hi! I am trying to make my last old Celine purchase while I'm in Europe. I'm torn between small classic box black (potentially with new logo) and medium clasp in black (old logo)... Any recommendations?

I already have casual-ish Celine bags (big, small trio, long strap belt, twisted cabas) so it'd be nice to add something more formal to my collection but I'm worried that it may not fit with my personal style haha (which is pretty casual)

Hi! I am trying to make my last old Celine purchase while I'm in Europe. I'm torn between small classic box black (potentially with new logo) and medium clasp in black (old logo)... Any recommendations?

I already have casual-ish Celine bags (big, small trio, long strap belt, twisted cabas) so it'd be nice to add something more formal to my collection but I'm worried that it may not fit with my personal style haha (which is pretty casual)

Hi fellow 'one last' shopper,
first I have to say, you definitely have chosen your Céline collection very nicely. I would like to see them, if you would like to share a picture.

Now to your question, it's not an easy decision indeed. I love the box bag, so this said, I do think the small would be a good choice for your collection. Especially when I think of the trio beeing a more flat design, and only in that more flat shape beeing somewhat similar to the mini clasp. So the classic small box would be definitely something else in your collection. It is shaped almost like a cube. You could detach the strap and wear it like a clutch, in my opinion even without this over dressed clutch feeling: there is this street style picture of a red small box beeing carried without the strap, pretty casually, i think. It has been posted here https://forum.purseblog.com/attachments/box-jpg.3710940/ its gorgeous and not too 'chic' or overdressed at all.
However, it was in this forum that somebody pointed out the black small box could loose some of the box wow effect, probably because its smaller and the proportion of the gold clasp to the black leather could be regarded as beeing not as breath taking as it is with the medium black box. I am not so much of a black bag person, so I personally do not know if I would feel like there is something missing with the small box.
So the Medium Clasp Bag is the one with the handle ? You are not thinking of the mini Clasp shoulder bag, I guess? The medium is sure a big hit and defintely also one of Pheobe Philos charecteristic designs, I think. So in that point of view it would also definitely match well with your collection since you have picked very nice typical Philo designs, in my opinion.
That said, I cannot see the Medium Clasp bag beeing ever styled casually. For me its a very formal bag and due to its shape and size it would have to be carefully pared with the outfit, again, only my opinion. There are some beautiful and talented people on instagram who really do wear this bag very well, but this would definitely not be me. Especially in black, for me, it would be a huge challenge to get dressed to match up to this bag.

I dont want to complicate the matter further, but did you consider the Classic Medium Bag in Black and the Mini Clasp shoulder bag in black as well?
164173DLS.38NO_1_LIB_0986.jpg

upload_2018-10-22_13-47-25.gif

04cb6bb2457c40dd8800806cf685211b

I think one of these would work really well with your collection.
In any case, good luck with your purchase and I am curious to know which bag wins in the end.
upload_2018-10-22_13-47-25.gif upload_2018-10-22_13-47-25.gif

Thanks for a thorough input! Medium black box would be my top choice but Dublin store is out of stock for medium. They just got small tan with new logo, and black small will be with new logo too :sad:

I know it may be superficial but I kinda want my last old celine bag to be with old logo...

Hi fellow 'one last' shopper,
first I have to say, you definitely have chosen your Céline collection very nicely. I would like to see them, if you would like to share a picture.

Now to your question, it's not an easy decision indeed. I love the box bag, so this said, I do think the small would be a good choice for your collection. Especially when I think of the trio beeing a more flat design, and only in that more flat shape beeing somewhat similar to the mini clasp. So the classic small box would be definitely something else in your collection. It is shaped almost like a cube. You could detach the strap and wear it like a clutch, in my opinion even without this over dressed clutch feeling: there is this street style picture of a red small box beeing carried without the strap, pretty casually, i think. It has been posted here https://forum.purseblog.com/attachments/box-jpg.3710940/ its gorgeous and not too 'chic' or overdressed at all.
However, it was in this forum that somebody pointed out the black small box could loose some of the box wow effect, probably because its smaller and the proportion of the gold clasp to the black leather could be regarded as beeing not as breath taking as it is with the medium black box. I am not so much of a black bag person, so I personally do not know if I would feel like there is something missing with the small box.
So the Medium Clasp Bag is the one with the handle ? You are not thinking of the mini Clasp shoulder bag, I guess? The medium is sure a big hit and defintely also one of Pheobe Philos charecteristic designs, I think. So in that point of view it would also definitely match well with your collection since you have picked very nice typical Philo designs, in my opinion.
That said, I cannot see the Medium Clasp bag beeing ever styled casually. For me its a very formal bag and due to its shape and size it would have to be carefully pared with the outfit, again, only my opinion. There are some beautiful and talented people on instagram who really do wear this bag very well, but this would definitely not be me. Especially in black, for me, it would be a huge challenge to get dressed to match up to this bag.

I dont want to complicate the matter further, but did you consider the Classic Medium Bag in Black and the Mini Clasp shoulder bag in black as well?
164173DLS.38NO_1_LIB_0986.jpg

View attachment 4229623

04cb6bb2457c40dd8800806cf685211b

I think one of these would work really well with your collection.
In any case, good luck with your purchase and I am curious to know which bag wins in the end.
View attachment 4229623 View attachment 4229623

Hey dear.

I'd go with the Classic Box for sure. I have the Medium Clasp and both sizes in the Classic Box. I think the best choice would be the Medium Classic Box. It's the first bag ever released by Phoebe!

Reactions: angelaccpan
Thanks for a thorough input! Medium black box would be my top choice but Dublin store is out of stock for medium. They just got small tan with new logo, and black small will be with new logo too :sad:

I know it may be superficial but I kinda want my last old celine bag to be with old logo...[/

Hi, I can totally agree, old logo for sure. Here is what I did, it might help: go to their website, there is the section shop the current collection, then subscribe to be noticed when the black medium will be back in stock and once you get the notice call Céline customer service, either uk or France hotline, then talk to Emilia and place the order on the phone with her. From the reference code on the website it still has to be the old logo, talk to Emilia about that, that you want the old logo and she might help with confirming that it is the old one. You would need an address from Europe to ship to, or you might name one store to pick up your bag. In some countries they have only one store where they offer the pick up service. But you might be lucky in Dublin.
I hope you can get the bag you want

Hi, I can totally agree, old logo for sure. Here is what I did, it might help: go to their website, there is the section shop the current collection, then subscribe to be noticed when the black medium will be back in stock and once you get the notice call Céline customer service, either uk or France hotline, then talk to Emilia and place the order on the phone with her. From the reference code on the website it still has to be the old logo, talk to Emilia about that, that you want the old logo and she might help with confirming that it is the old one. You would need an address from Europe to ship to, or you might name one store to pick up your bag. In some countries they have only one store where they offer the pick up service. But you might be lucky in Dublin.
I hope you can get the bag you want

Reactions: hawaiilei
Actually my SA was able to find black medium classic box w/ old logo, so I bought it today! I do like the proportion of medium box so much better than small box, so I'm glad that it worked out :smile:

Reactions: hawaiilei