Small but ever-growing collection

EmmaPeel

O.G.
May 8, 2011
I already loved bags and accessories when I was a little girl. My family was not very wealthy and nobody understood why I spent my hard-earned money for these items but I couldn't resist leather and soft fabric though I couldn't afford any designer items so I looked for no-name products with good quality and always had a small collection of non-designer but good quality leather bags, shoes, silk scarves foulards I found on flea markets.

This passion stayed and while I grew older I could afford more. The collection changed over the years and after buying my first designer bag (the celine bittersweet, pre-loved but still much too expensive for my budget as a student so I had to do double shifts at the restaurant I was working as a waitress) I slowly began to sell the non-designer bags because they weren't satisfying anymore. Not because they weren't beautiful anymore but the leather and the inner lining wasn't nearly as soft and lovely and whenever I took one of my older bags out with me it felt like a bad compromise and I could not help comparing them to the Celine hobo.

Yeah, the Celine stayed with and from time to time I still use it although I am not that into hobos anymore. It is mainly for sentimental reasons I think - and I lovelovelove the blush color. Meanwhile the bag has some stains and scratches and it is evident that it has been used a lot. But it reminds me of the time I was a little girl dreaming of high quality leather bags while her parents had to think twice about buying a new pair of socks.

Still I am hunting for bargains and probably this won't change anymore but the price range changed over the years. By now I have a small collection of designer bags I really love and definitely use. From time to time I hear that people who spend a lot of money for designer items do not appreciate the value of their possessions when no babying them but to me it is vice versa: Using my bags (ans shoes, and shawls, and watches...) is appreciation. They are part of my life and neither putting them on the floor nor rain scares me a lot.

So, here we are. Not many bags compared to what I have seen here before but probably I have a few years left to expand my collection. :smile:

Proenza Schouler - Medium PS1 (dark teal)
Mansur Gavriel - Large Canvas & Leather Tote (cnavy)
Chloé - Medium Lexa (black)
Alexander MCQueen - DeManta Clutch (black/silver HW)
Mansur Gavriel - Regular Bucket (cammello/sun)
Mansur Gavriel - Small Bucket (blush/moss)
Proenza Schouler - Large PS11 Leather Tote (black)
Alexander McQueen - Padlock Bucket (black/gold HW) and my fist love, the...
Céline - Medium Bittersweet Hobo (blush/nude)

Attachments

• IMG_2158.jpg
    IMG_2158.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 434