Slouchy shoulder bag !HELP!

ibis42

consumer
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
I've been searching high and low for a soft slouchy shoulder bag, and haven't come up any. :confused1:

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I love the Kooba look, but not so into the woven detailing it has.

I am in the SF Bay Area, and visited Margaret O'Leary in Berkeley. The window display had a handbag made by Blur (?) from Los Angeles. The bag was super soft, and I do not mind springing out $$ but, for $600, I wish I have heard of the company.

Saks had their 20% off saksfirst members, so needless to say, I was there but came out empty handed.

The bag I am looking for, I'd like to use pretty much year round, neutral color, and be able to take to work, shopping, etc.

i just discovered the balenciaga 'day' bag... and it seems to perfectly fit your description... i've been looking for one on ebay, and you could most likely find one for 700-1000. the leather just seems so wonderful, and there are so many gorgeous colors (and neutrals) to choose from.

I love the B Day bag, as well as the Tano Bucket. I'll keep an eye out on these. Thanks for the recommendations. I'm always open for more suggestions!!!

I personally prefer Balenciaga, but also wonder about the Gerard Darel Charlotte?? That's certainly soft and slouchy.

I have never seen this in stores, but from the picture, the leather looks super soft, bag has the perfect slouch, and looks like it can accomodate the things I carry - cellphone, wallet, son's DS, etc.

Attachments

• gerard_darel_drape.jpg
    gerard_darel_drape.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 75
I have a Balenciaga Courrier, which is a huge rectangle of leather that slouches like crazy yet holds a ton of stuff.

I also have a Hayden Harnett Havana Hobo, pic attached, courtesy of HH. It's super-soft leather, holds a ton, and you can find authentics on eBay for $100+ they usually retail on HH website for $400+. I got mine on the Spring Sample sale for $180.

Good luck!

Attachments

• havana_sgd_med.jpeg
    havana_sgd_med.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 60
How about a Not Rational Sofia from Zappos (it's on sale too!):
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14758596/c/20.html

ETA: Kooba makes the Devin style which is a shoulder bag without a lot of detail.
Would that be more suitable for you?
http://www.kooba.com/r/1000/pd/cl/276/p/96168.html

I'm pretty sure you can find the devin on ebay at some point....

I love the style and slouch of the Kooba Devin - that definitely tops my list. I'm weary of buying anything from ebay, esp when they say something like: " 1000% Guaranteed authentic" .!! Is the 1000% guarantee supposed to make me feel better than 100% ??;)