Sleeper bags

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Does anybody know when Hermes changed the colour of their sleepers from beige to orange?

Thanks!:flowers:

2. yes they did, years ago, late 1990's I think.

3. That sounds about right...it was less than 10 years ago I can tell you that.

4. So in theory a bag from 1996 should still have a beige sleeper?

5. I think so, I think the chage over was as late as maybe '98 or 99.(or maybe even 2000?)The bag I bought in '95 at hermes in N.Y. still had the beige then.
    a store should be able to tell you what year they changed:flowers:

6. I think you guys are right, I just checked a bag from a reputable seller, stamped C for 99 and it still has a beige sleeper.

7. I think it was in the late 90's. I love the older beige velvet sleepers, wish I could buy some.

Once I took a bag in for refurb at NYC and mistakenly left the beige sleeper with it (normally I leave it with no sleeper), and when I picked it up they had replaced it with the orange sleeper. So sad...

8. I have a bag from 2001 with a beige sleeper, I believe that was the last year they used them.

9. From what I remember, they started using the orange sleepers in 2002.

10. That happened to me too!! I love the older beige velvet sleepers and feel cheated with the orange ones. Sometimes I try to buy one on eBay.

11. My first pair of hermes shoes also have the old sleeper, and it is the best leather polishing fabric there is!, I wish they still sold it!

12. My Herbag is 2000 and she has the beige one - SO much nicer than the orange IMO.....WHY did they change it??

13. :hrmm: :huh: :shrugs:

14. Probably to save cost...maybe we should write Hermes if they would only listen.:idea:

15. I have one of those sleepers! I got it with a pair of shoes I purchased on line

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice