Sizing up the Cubie -- Don't Let It's Size Fool You!!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
There's been a few questions about the Cubie's size and just how big it really is. I know this was an issue for me before I bought it. I insisted it would be too small to use everyday, even when I had multiple people telling me try it out!! I was very surprised to see just how much this baby could hold w/o looking overstuffed or causing it to bulge at the seams.

The bag measures 9.5" long, 9" high and 6" deep, but don't let those measurements fool you!! I did a comparison of the Cubie to my Alyona and Stam bags and thought I'd share the "results" with you -- this way, if anyone is thinking about a Carter bag this season, you might just want to give the Cubie a shot!! You might be pleasantly surprised!!

Compared to the F/W 08 Alyona

cva-1a.jpg

cva-3a.jpg

An example of what it can hold: A quilted ZC, quilted Agenda, MbyMJ key pouch, a pack of Wet Ones, a pack of Migraine tablets, two Daisy pouches, keys, cell phone

inside2-1.jpg

so there you go!! It's a pretty good size bag for such a small size -- I know I was convinced it would be too small, but it's not. It can hold everything that both the alyona and stam bags could hold and there's still room for more.

What's so great about it being such a nice size bag, is that someone who wants an "every day" bag can still have their choice of so many pretty colors!! Since the boutiques aren't carrying the Carter Jr, the only colors you can get that bag is Charcoal, Shark Grey and Rose -- but the Cubie comes in every shade that the Carter bags were made (Black, Brown, Charcoal, Shark Grey, Pale Lavender, Rose, Pale Green, Honeydew).

I hope we see more Cubies on TPF -- esp in a variety of colors!! We could start our own rainbow!!!

Thanks for the visual aids! It's great to see comparison shots. I am still saving up for one of these bags (debating between a Carter Jr. or Cubie) and now that I see how much the Cubie holds, I think it's definitely a contender.

Iluv, what's the difference between lavender and rose? In tad's pic, the lavender looks like the rose beige of the runway pic.
Have you seen both in real life?

the lavender doesn't really look lavender -- it's hard to describe -- I did see it yesterday and didn't realize it was the lavender until I saw it close up and remembered tad's pic -- it's really more of a greyish color, IMO -- they also had the rose and I think that's really the "rose beige" -- I think they may have changed the name & dropped the beige (anytime I've talked to a SA at MJ, they haven't mentioned rose beige)

^I think your right about the lavender, its a very greyish-neutral-lavender, while not looking like the lavender-grey from last year. KWIM? The Rose Beige is warmer and more "rosy" as the name sort of indicates. That's just MO:heart:

actually, now that I look at the colors again, I don't think I saw the Rose yesterday. I also think that maybe the pale lavender is the one they were calling rose beige, since that's what it looks like - and the rose is definitely more pink-ish. the SA showed me the LookBook yesterday and there was no Rose Beige listed

tadpole's Pale Lavender pic:
palelavendarcubie.jpg

Rose Carter Jr from eLuxury:
11948681_rose

"Rose Beige" from luisvaroma:
carterjr1-1.jpg

FYI -- I posted modeling pics of the Cubie here (#70 & 71):
http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jac...something-bad-2nite-349542-5.html#post7737260

just in case anyone wanted to see how it looks -- I'm about 5 feet tall, if that gives you an idea -- I also think the bag looks a little bit bigger with the top unzipped (which is how I'll probably carry it most often) than with the zipper closed all the way, which gives it that boxier look