Size of diamonds in love bracelet?

Zarina

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
Happy New Year to all of you lovely folks!

I wonder if anyone is aware of the size (carat weight), cut, clarity and colour of the small diamonds used in the love bangle?
I am wondering, specifically about the 4 diamond and 10 diamond models.
The cost difference between plain bangles and those with diamonds seems disproportionate to me.
Using the US $ costs listed on the Cartier web site, I worked out the per diamond price for the various bracelets....
PG and YG 4 diamond bracelets ---- $940 per diamond
WG " " bracelet ---- $955 " "
PG and YG 10 diamond bracelets ---- $807 " "
W " " bracelet ---- $825 " "
I am sure there are other factors to consider, but, first of all, it seems odd that the price of one diamond varies from the 4 diamond bracelet and the 10
diamond one.
Without the info regarding the size (and all the other details) of the diamonds, it is hard to know if almost $1000 (in the WG 4 stone bracelet) for one diamond, is reasonable.
The last point I wanted to mention was the fact that Cartier doesn't give that information on their website. I don't live in a city where there is a store, so I can't just go and ask. I will, however, try calling when they re-open after the new year and inquire.
(I already started a thread asking what all of you thought about adding diamonds to the love bracelet)
Thanks for weighing in on this and enjoy welcoming the new year this evening.....HAPPY 2013:tpfrox:

Happy New Year to all of you lovely folks!

I wonder if anyone is aware of the size (carat weight), cut, clarity and colour of the small diamonds used in the love bangle?
I am wondering, specifically about the 4 diamond and 10 diamond models.
The cost difference between plain bangles and those with diamonds seems disproportionate to me.
Using the US $ costs listed on the Cartier web site, I worked out the per diamond price for the various bracelets....
PG and YG 4 diamond bracelets ---- $940 per diamond
WG " " bracelet ---- $955 " "
PG and YG 10 diamond bracelets ---- $807 " "
W " " bracelet ---- $825 " "
I am sure there are other factors to consider, but, first of all, it seems odd that the price of one diamond varies from the 4 diamond bracelet and the 10
diamond one.
Without the info regarding the size (and all the other details) of the diamonds, it is hard to know if almost $1000 (in the WG 4 stone bracelet) for one diamond, is reasonable.
The last point I wanted to mention was the fact that Cartier doesn't give that information on their website. I don't live in a city where there is a store, so I can't just go and ask. I will, however, try calling when they re-open after the new year and inquire.
(I already started a thread asking what all of you thought about adding diamonds to the love bracelet)
Thanks for weighing in on this and enjoy welcoming the new year this evening.....HAPPY 2013:tpfrox:
I am so surprised that so many TPF folks have no idea about the stats of the diamonds in the 4 and 10 diamond love bracelets.........I spoke to a lovely SA at the Cartier store in downtown Toronto.
She told me the total carat weight for the 10 stone bracelet was 1.00......which, of course, would mean each stone is .10 - she didn't have any info about the other details. Oddly enough the 4 diamond bracelet has a very slightly smaller total.
I think I am going to have stones added to my plain RG bracelet ...... I have an excellent jeweller and I will see what he thinks and what the cost would be......I already have some excellent .10 stones from an eternity band I no longer wear.
I'll post pics when it is all done :smile: