Simulated Diamonds

No flames from me...:smile:

Try this discussion forum :

http://www.betterthandiamond.com/discussion/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/1/page/1

I love my diamonds as much as the next gal but simulants can be super-useful for traveling(there's Chubb insurance of course, but the fewer claims, the better.)

More importantly for making a careful selection w/ your next diamond purchase.:graucho: You get to 'live' with different shapes/carat weights/dimensions/ring designs. IME, It's smart to experiment before sinking money into diamonds that you might get sick of or find that the style/cut/size isn't your best. Unfortunately, I speak from experience... LOL. We have some $$ but not enough for anymore impulse/shaky diamond buys.

I am very lucky in as much I wear real diamonds 1.74CT eng.ring and a pair of studs at .75cts each. It took me a while of upgrading before I settled on a size for my studs, I was never brave enough to just go for this size straight off! I am currently wearing a CZ
single stone pendant ,all in silver.about a 1 carat size to 'try out' wether I want the real thing,if I don't a freind can have the CZ,if she wants it,and the whole thing cost me £20
a non bankbreaking way to road test!!! And yes,if your going on holiday,CZ replicas of your real jewellery can give you peace of mind and potentially save you a bomb in less insurance claims!

I am very lucky in as much I wear real diamonds 1.74CT eng.ring and a pair of studs at .75cts each. It took me a while of upgrading before I settled on a size for my studs, I was never brave enough to just go for this size straight off! I am currently wearing a CZ
single stone pendant ,all in silver.about a 1 carat size to 'try out' wether I want the real thing,if I don't a freind can have the CZ,if she wants it,and the whole thing cost me £20
a non bankbreaking way to road test!!! And yes,if your going on holiday,CZ replicas of your real jewellery can give you peace of mind and potentially save you a bomb in less insurance claims!

This is great advice!!
I worked in an upmarket jewellers for nearly 5 years and a did huge amount of professional development on diamonds... Definitley do not buy CZ for the long term as chaz has mentioned above. They ARE cheap but they will scratch, lose their colour and even become milky after some time. They absolutely do not last and are a RIP OFF... (even at $20!!). If you want an alternative to diamonds that will last, go simulated. You really can not tell the difference with the naked eye... but you can spot a fake (CZ)... the colour is completely diffferent. Also, diamonds and simulated diamonds are noticeably heavier than CZ (even for a smallish stone).
All the best with this... let us know how you go :yes:

[coco];4323886 said:
This is great advice!!
I worked in an upmarket jewellers for nearly 5 years and a did huge amount of professional development on diamonds... Definitley do not buy CZ for the long term as chaz has mentioned above. They ARE cheap but they will scratch, lose their colour and even become milky after some time. They absolutely do not last and are a RIP OFF... (even at $20!!). If you want an alternative to diamonds that will last, go simulated. You really can not tell the difference with the naked eye... but you can spot a fake (CZ)... the colour is completely diffferent. Also, diamonds and simulated diamonds are noticeably heavier than CZ (even for a smallish stone).
All the best with this... let us know how you go :yes:
I did cringe a bit at spending even a small amount such as £20 quid(would that equate to $40 dollars?) on a fake,but as everyone knows if I had gone for the real thing and it had'nt worked out I could potentially lose a small fortune!So I have swallowed my pride and shoved aside my never wear fakes rule to preserve our bank balance while I decide! And I have to say after spending so long in the diamond trade,this looks truly diabolical to me!!!!But would'nt you know it a lady came up to me in Asda and said how beautiful it was it must have cost a lot!!! I felt duty bound not to mislead her,but did'nt want to embarass her either!!! I just smiled and squeaked some crap like it was a present so I really had no idea how much it had cost,my husband just smirked at me squirming and winked at her saying my 'darling wife is worth every penny',cheeky bugger!!!

I did cringe a bit at spending even a small amount such as £20 quid(would that equate to $40 dollars?) on a fake,but as everyone knows if I had gone for the real thing and it had'nt worked out I could potentially lose a small fortune!So I have swallowed my pride and shoved aside my never wear fakes rule to preserve our bank balance while I decide! And I have to say after spending so long in the diamond trade,this looks truly diabolical to me!!!!But would'nt you know it a lady came up to me in Asda and said how beautiful it was it must have cost a lot!!! I felt duty bound not to mislead her,but did'nt want to embarass her either!!! I just smiled and squeaked some crap like it was a present so I really had no idea how much it had cost,my husband just smirked at me squirming and winked at her saying my 'darling wife is worth every penny',cheeky bugger!!!

hahahaaaa.... at least he didn't tell the truth!! soooo funnyy......
Actually I think what you are doing is quite cleaver in trying to decide whether you want one or not. Even I have the odd piece of jewellery that has CZ, but it is more costume jewellery that goes with a particular outfit. Your diamond collection must be impressive!!! (jealous.........!!!)
Mine is limited though I am not married so there is my justification...!! I do have alot of jewellery though... paricuarly in 22 and 24ct... I love the colour. Show us some pics if you can!!
Would love to see that monster ring!:drool:

[coco];4332591 said:
hahahaaaa.... at least he didn't tell the truth!! soooo funnyy......
Actually I think what you are doing is quite cleaver in trying to decide whether you want one or not. Even I have the odd piece of jewellery that has CZ, but it is more costume jewellery that goes with a particular outfit. Your diamond collection must be impressive!!! (jealous.........!!!)
Mine is limited though I am not married so there is my justification...!! I do have alot of jewellery though... paricuarly in 22 and 24ct... I love the colour. Show us some pics if you can!!
Would love to see that monster ring!:drool:
will do!Plus as I'm sharing my life with my very inquisitive 16 month old daughter now,I wanted to road test one to see if it would get totally mangled with non-stop attention,or would the novelty wear off before it had been subjected to major re-constructive surgery! It seems at the moment like she's not that fussed on it now,but I have another problem in as much I used to hardly ever wear anything round my neck,I'm deciding wether I can get used to it! Thank God I did'nt dive in and get the real thing yet! I did'nt think I would be the problem!!!

I have to say though these are the only diamonds I own,the old cut eng-ring was a pre-owned steal,otherwise we would never have been able to afford something that big,and as I don't really lust after owning anything else diamond wise,I went for the studs up graded in stages instead,so that did'nt hit our bank balance massively either!!!

Attachments

• jewellery and key ring 005.JPG
    jewellery and key ring 005.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 241
  • jewellery and key ring 007.JPG
    jewellery and key ring 007.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 225
  • jewellery and key ring 009.JPG
    jewellery and key ring 009.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 237
will do!Plus as I'm sharing my life with my very inquisitive 16 month old daughter now,I wanted to road test one to see if it would get totally mangled with non-stop attention,or would the novelty wear off before it had been subjected to major re-constructive surgery! It seems at the moment like she's not that fussed on it now,but I have another problem in as much I used to hardly ever wear anything round my neck,I'm deciding wether I can get used to it! Thank God I did'nt dive in and get the real thing yet! I did'nt think I would be the problem!!!

I have to say though these are the only diamonds I own,the old cut eng-ring was a pre-owned steal,otherwise we would never have been able to afford something that big,and as I don't really lust after owning anything else diamond wise,I went for the studs up graded in stages instead,so that did'nt hit our bank balance massively either!!!

Chaz they are just stunning!! You have chosen classic, timeless pieces and I am oozing with jealously from every pore in my body!! i adore your diamond studs and I am with you 100% in upgrading quality over size. We have much in common!! what bag forum do you talk in? Maybe we share a common love for leather and ridiculouly over priced monogram too!! I was just in UK last christmas... did not look at jewellery though but spent some time in Dubai to buy gold....
:coolpics:.. i love these little guys!!
Anyhow I have changed my taste in jewellery over the past few years. Am only really wearing yellow gold now and I tend to stick to the same pieces. I like BIG jewellery and so wear only one ring on each finger. I bought a gorgeous 18ct ring in Dubai... I defy anyone who may think they have a knuckle duster as big as mine!! :boxing:
Thanks for posting those photos Chaz!! Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky you....:love:

I very often flit about between here and Mulberry,although I have a YSL waiting for me for christmas! I will send you a personal message if you open up your access thingy(don't know what its called!) But don't be envious of the stones too much,but I will send why privately!
Please can I see pics of yours? They sound very stylish and eyecatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I very often flit about between here and Mulberry,although I have a YSL waiting for me for christmas! I will send you a personal message if you open up your access thingy(don't know what its called!) But don't be envious of the stones too much,but I will send why privately!
Please can I see pics of yours? They sound very stylish and eyecatching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas about how I kmight do this? I looked in my control panel and can't figure it out..........:shrugs:

[coco];4339217 said:
Any ideas about how I kmight do this? I looked in my control panel and can't figure it out..........:shrugs:
I know if you click on somones name over the avatar that brings up options,but how to turn it on so you can recieve................hang on I'll have a mess about with mine and see if I can figure it out,I'm quite crap at this sort of thing so it may take a while!!! XXX

I know if you click on somones name over the avatar that brings up options,but how to turn it on so you can recieve................hang on I'll have a mess about with mine and see if I can figure it out,I'm quite crap at this sort of thing so it may take a while!!! XXX

Hey!! The only options I am getting are View Public profile / More Posts by Chaz and Add to Buddy List????? OOHHHHH this is ANNOOYYYIIINNGGG!!!! Will be online for another 30 mins I'll try some more!:yes:

Ok,go to your control panel,click on edit options,this will take you to a page with various options such as e-mail etc,scroll down and you will find Private messaging,ther is a liitle box there with Enable Private Messaging on it,click on that and you will be able to receive private messages! There is also a box that enables pop up notification for new messages,I find this useful as you can get,reply to,and return to where you are without having to keep going back into your control panel to check if you have messages. When you get a pop up you have the option to cancel or open it,just follow the instructions and you should be alright!!! Hope this helps you out on this,I find all this computer stuff a bit bewildering! Good luck! Post back on here if you get stuck and I will reply as soon as time zones allow!

Ok,go to your control panel,click on edit options,this will take you to a page with various options such as e-mail etc,scroll down and you will find Private messaging,ther is a liitle box there with Enable Private Messaging on it,click on that and you will be able to receive private messages! There is also a box that enables pop up notification for new messages,I find this useful as you can get,reply to,and return to where you are without having to keep going back into your control panel to check if you have messages. When you get a pop up you have the option to cancel or open it,just follow the instructions and you should be alright!!! Hope this helps you out on this,I find all this computer stuff a bit bewildering! Good luck! Post back on here if you get stuck and I will reply as soon as time zones allow!

seriously i know i am complete rubbish at this type of thing but i can not see it - i have tried and tried... i might email megs or something. i think it may have something to do with my initial set up. try again later - i'm off to dinner!!

Ok,I think I have directed you wrong,instead of going over an avatar or name, go to top of the page/screen and click on My Control Panel,you will get a drop down panel click on Edit Options,scroll down to private messaging and you should find it all there,then if you can remember my previous list I think you'll be alright! Fingers crossed for you XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ps,hope you had a good lunch! Its only 10.45 here,but I think a biscuit break is due!

Ok,I think I have directed you wrong,instead of going over an avatar or name, go to top of the page/screen and click on My Control Panel,you will get a drop down panel click on Edit Options,scroll down to private messaging and you should find it all there,then if you can remember my previous list I think you'll be alright! Fingers crossed for you XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Ps,hope you had a good lunch! Its only 10.45 here,but I think a biscuit break is due!

Hey private messaging is not there as an option for me and I have just remebered when i registered i had to wait a certain amount of time before that would activate! (i think to ensure you are a genuine member... i think it was like a week?) SO i am not sure when i will receive that option - but when it happens - you will be the first to hear from me x

Dinner was great - just with friends at this fantastic Indian place I can not get enough of... I feel like I need to run a marathon to work it off. I ate too much!! It's 11pm here now we are about 9 hours ahead...

PS sorry for who ever started this thread that chaz and i have well and trully taken over!

[coco];4342133 said:
Hey private messaging is not there as an option for me and I have just remebered when i registered i had to wait a certain amount of time before that would activate! (i think to ensure you are a genuine member... i think it was like a week?) SO i am not sure when i will receive that option - but when it happens - you will be the first to hear from me x

Dinner was great - just with friends at this fantastic Indian place I can not get enough of... I feel like I need to run a marathon to work it off. I ate too much!! It's 11pm here now we are about 9 hours ahead...

PS sorry for who ever started this thread that chaz and i have well and trully taken over!
OOOOHHH DEAR!!! I have just had a flick back through!!! I am so sorry shopafrolic!!!! Got a bit carried away!!!! BTW coco where are you? In the US, I did'nt want to go nosing around in your profile,I know there public and am fine about people looking in mine(talk too much in there too!) but I feel a bit odd doing it myself,just me being weird I think!!!