Simples VS New Simples

Which simple do you like best?

• I like the 'old' simple best

• I like the new simple best

• I'm not a simple fan

Results are only viewable after voting.
I find the NS more comfortable than the simples, even comparing a 85 simple to a 120 NS...Remember that the new simple comes in a lower height as wll, iirc it comes in 90...

It also depends how/where you plan to wear them, the NS seem to be more casual but it can easily be dressed up....so New Simples it is for mee!!

I like them both, but I love the original Simple pump more. Not to sound like your mother, but I strongly encourage you to try both on to see which one fits and feels the best to you. Good luck and happy shopping!

Last edited:
the simple is a great classic. it is a gorgeous shoe, and very elegant too. i have both the simple and NS and love them both. they are my most comfortable CLs. IMO, the simple 85 or 100 would be excellent choices. can't wait to see what you get!

I like both. I prefer the old simple in 70 and 85mm and I prefer the new simple for high choices because of the platform. I'm not a fan of the thick heel on the lower new simple, the 90mm. I find the simple 100mm sort of uncomfortable.

I'm not a Simple fan. As comfortable as it may be, the cut is just too boring IMO to justify spending lots of $$$ on it. If comfort and not looks is your number one priority, I would just get a pair of Nine West, Cole Haan, or something like that. As for the New Simple, I am not a fan of the exposed platform. I'm sure others would disagree, but the Simple/New Simple styles just don't do anything for me :shrugs:

For a closed toe pump, I prefer the Clichy or Declic for comfort + style. The Clichy 100 is really comfortable- I can go the whole day in them with no problems. I also like the Decollete and Ron Ron, but I don't think they are as comfortable as the Clichy or Declic.

Hahaha! I totally understand Rilo. I used to feel that way actually, but I've converted. I've seen so many women on the streets of NY looking fab in their Simples. Now, I've got a few pairs myself! I will say that I prefer edgier materials and colors though. I think they look smashing in Black Patent.

^^I totally get that also, rilo. I am a teacher and most of my fav CLs would be inappropriate for work...so I prefer the simple to the new simple for timelessness, subtlety, and comfort. I am all for a clunkier shoe as I am a chunkier gal...but I feel over the long range of style, the simple holds up better. I really do love 'em both though! :biggrin:

I have two pairs with the thicker heel and love the way it balances the front bump. Plus, you all know I've got my share of MBs, which are basically a Simple wedge.

I like them both, but I love the original Simple pump more. Not to sound like your mother, but I strongly encourage you to try both on to see which one fits and feels the best to you. Good luck and happy shopping!

You don't sound like my mum. She'd be saying :wtf: are you spending that much on a pair of shoes for? :nono:

I'm not a Simple fan. As comfortable as it may be, the cut is just too boring IMO to justify spending lots of $$$ on it. If comfort and not looks is your number one priority.

I totally agree with you. This was my policy - I thought if I am going to spend that much on shoes they may as well stand out....otherwise am I paying a lot extra for a red sole and a label? I do think CL does the classic best, they just look sleeker or something :thinking:...oh yeah, more expensive - thats it! :yes: For example I would love the VP in black patent but Cole Haan does a shoe could the Mariebella. It aint no VP but its less then half the price and to most non-CL people they, for all intents and purposes, achieve the same look :faint: Can't believe I just said that out loud....and on a CL forum no less :Push:

Help me resolve my dilemma and spend my cash!

Last edited:
I thought the Simples and New Simples look like a lot of other brands out there, until I tried them on, and then, like a sucker, I just loved them, and have 3 pairs now. The silhouette on the shoe is so feminine and so sexy, yet still appropriate for work or out to dinner or drinks or a party.

My husband does not, not, not like round-toe shoes, but shockingly, loves the way the Simples look?! Makes me happy, since they are one of my all-time favorite style shoes.

I did try both the decollete and the ron rons at the SCP-CL store the other day, and for my feet, they were not as comfy.

I don't find my New Simples to look chunky with the platform in the front, but maybe because I wear a 35, so the whole shoe looks small?

Anyhoo, I don't think you'll go wrong with a black regular or patent leather in either style.

Hahaha! I totally understand Rilo. I used to feel that way actually, but I've converted. I've seen so many women on the streets of NY looking fab in their Simples. Now, I've got a few pairs myself! I will say that I prefer edgier materials and colors though. I think they look smashing in Black Patent.

I agree- I think in fun colors, the Simple could look really cute. ooh now that you mention it, I guess I would make an exception for the roccia python Simple :tup:

^^I totally get that also, rilo. I am a teacher and most of my fav CLs would be inappropriate for work...so I prefer the simple to the new simple for timelessness, subtlety, and comfort. I am all for a clunkier shoe as I am a chunkier gal...but I feel over the long range of style, the simple holds up better. I really do love 'em both though! :biggrin:

I agree- I think if I had to choose, I would probably go with Simple over New Simple.

I totally agree with you. This was my policy - I thought if I am going to spend that much on shoes they may as well stand out....otherwise am I paying a lot extra for a red sole and a label? I do think CL does the classic best, they just look sleeker or something :thinking:...oh yeah, more expensive - thats it! :yes: For example I would love the VP in black patent but Cole Haan does a shoe could the Mariebella. It aint no VP but its less then half the price and to most non-CL people they, for all intents and purposes, achieve the same look :faint: Can't believe I just said that out loud....and on a CL forum no less :Push:

Help me resolve my dilemma and spend my cash!

I think that's how I feel as well. Like when I look at the Decollete, I immediately think CL- the cut is just very classic Louboutin to me. But when I see the Simple, it doesn't scream CL to me, if you know what I mean. It just seems like a regular pump? But then again, the quality, craftsmanship, and comfort can't be beat... so if you love them, I say go for it! For the Simple, I do think I prefer patent over kid and suede though.

^ Mmmmm now I am thinking black patent VP and nude (or black) patent simple/new simple.......I do like the rasta/multi stripe greissimo as well but I'm not keen on 14cm even with a platform. 12 cm is about as high as I can go whilst remaning stable and having some chance of chasing Mr 2 and Miss 4 around.:nogood:

I'm so looking forward to visiting the States very soon. You gals are SO lucky! I'm beyond excited about the shopping options, can not sleep tossing and turning thinking about all the ways I can spend my money :faint::faint::faint: