Silver Jewelry - Best Place to Buy?

Princess Pink

Oct 3, 2007
I would like to get a (good quality) sterling silver bracelet and necklace. I'm thinking along the lines of Tiffany, Montblanc or Links of London. Any suggestions on the best brand to buy? Thanks!

I'm biased because I would love to see the Montblanc reveal pics. I believe that of the three they charge the most per ounce of silver used in their jewelery. If you're looking for a single weighty piece, I'd assume $2,000 would go a lot further at Tiffany's than Montblanc. I'm not a Links of London fan - but then again I live in California.

Don't get me wrong; Tiffany's is a great place to shop for silver jewelry. You'll have a wide selection. If you want something less people will have, go for Montblanc.

Tiffany's is an excellent choice. I would definately look here first. Do you have a budget in mind? Tiffany's has pieces starting at $100.00. (I would say to get a nice silver piece, you need to spend around $200 on up. The lower end pieces tend to be small.)

If you are looking for other designer's, Bloomingdales has a nice selection: Lois Hill, David Yurman, John Hardy, Judith Ripka.

Oh yes. Antique Shopper is correct. You can find something wonderful at Tiffany's for $150-$500 in silver. For a little more dough they have some truly exquisite pieces. I'm in love with this http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+1-p+2-c+288158-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ and this http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+1-p+6-c+288158-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+ and especially this http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...params=s+1-p+9-c+288158-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Go there with an open mind and a healthy wallet and you'll find something to treasure.

I would recommend Tiffany's as well. But if you are not opposed to pre-owned, you may want to check out some reputable resale shops like www.beladora.com (although I just checked and they do not have silver pieces currently), www.coutureusa.com or www.luxuryexchange.com for example. If you are interested in this route, you might want to ask AntiqueShopper for some more recommendations. I would stay away from eBay as there just are too many fakes out there. What ever you decide, please come back and do a reveal with modeling shots!

Last edited:
For me it depends on the style of the designer and my mood. Sometimes I feel like buying Tiffany, sometimes John Hardy, sometimes David Yurman. I love them ALL!!! :biggrin:

I'm also new around here...wouldn't silver be silver? Why would Tiffany's 925 silver be a better quality than say JCPenney's? Customer service and beautiful designs I understand, but I'm not clear on how one silver could be better than another.

I would recommend Tiffany's as well. But if you are not opposed to pre-owned, you may want to check out some reputable resale shops like www.beladora.com (although I just checked and they do not have silver pieces currently), www.coutureusa.com or www.luxuryexchange.com for example. If you are interested in this route, you might want to ask AntiqueShopper for some more recommendations. I would stay away from eBay as there just are too many fakes out there. What ever you decide, please come back and do a reveal with modeling shots!

I would love to know more about reputable resalers, please!

Lynette3, Tiffany & Co. silver is much better than your average department store fare. You know every piece you purchase is at minimum 92.5% purse silver. It's not hollow; it has heft. The castings they use are renewed frequently so the designs always look sharp and defined. The findings they use and the chain links are always welded solid and never "pinched" together. It also tarnishes evenly and doesn't oxidize with black spots they way most silver does. The alloy they use is top quality.

Of course other companies can compete. Many of them actually charge more ounce for ounce (if you can believe that!) and rhodium-flash their pieces.

Hope this helps!