Silly Poll about Cartwheels and Shoulder Bags

fiatflux

O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Aggh! I give up ... I forgot to post the poll with this one...
<slinking back to my corner>

If anyone else can do a better job than me and cares enough to do it, here's what I was going to post:

Hypothesis I am testing:
People tend to favor the same side for cartwheels and shoulder bags.

Additionally, I want to find out if handedness has any relationship with cartwheels and/or the shoulder you favor for shoulder bags.

In my case, I am right handed and prefer starting my cartwheels w/my left side, and prefer carrying my shoulder bags on my left shoulder. ;)

Poll options:

left handed, cartwheel right, shoulder bags on right shoulder
left handed, cartwheel right, shoulder bags on left shoulder
left handed, cartwheel left, shoulder bags on left shoulder
left handed, cartwheel left, shoulder bags on right shoulder
right handed, cartwheel left, shoulder bags on left shoulder
right handed, cartwheel left, shoulder bags on right shoulder
right handed, cartwheel right, shoulder bags on right shoulder
right handed, cartwheel right, shoulder bags on left shoulder

I am right-handed, I carry my bag on my right shoulder or right arm, and when I used to do cartwheels (long time ago) I would start off on my Right side (right arm goes down first).

I like this thread! I do gymnastics, and I do cartwheels with my right hand, I use my right hand for things like eating and writing, and I carry my bag on my left shoulder, but if I'm holding it in my hand, then it's still in my left.

tr444 said:
I am right-handed, I carry my bag on my right shoulder or right arm, and when I used to do cartwheels (long time ago) I would start off on my Right side (right arm goes down first).

Same here. Only exceptions are in sports...I bat right handed but I'm a left handed shot in hockey.

How interesting! Never thought about this.

I'm generally RIGHT handed.
ALWAYS wear purse or tote on RIGHT side.
BUT can only do cartwheels starting with the LEFT.

I took gymnastics as a kid -- wasn't good at all, lol! -- so maybe they teach you to start with the left and that's why I go that way despite being righty in most other things.

PS -- this thread makes me sort of want to go out and try a cartwheel now. I don't think I've done one in years:P

So maybe an "add-on" to this poll could be: When was the last time you remember doing a cartwheel?:wlae:

right handed, cartwheel left, shoulder bags on right shoulder

The only thing I can think of as to why I cartwheel left is because my babysitter taught me.. She would stand in of me and do it and I would follow like a mirror image? Does that make sense?