Signature: how do you feel about it?

cinediva, thanks for the heads up on the business tote size. I was going to check out the large carryall too. I just wasn't sure if it would be big enough for the big binders I have to cart around for work and school.

Love the signature. Coach seems to make more interesting and different styles with the sig than leather. I own one black leather Soho satchel that I absolutely LOVE...the leather is so buttery and yummy. But I carry my sig gallery tote more than anything else. I always get compliments on my sig tote.

I :heart:signature! Don't get me wrong -- I like the leather bags too and I do have some (especially in the older more classic styles), but I adore signature.

I love the signature fabric because it has survived my long-term use much better than my leather bags have -- I've dropped the bags in puddles, been rained and snowed on. I also love the special colors that the sig comes in -- the pink/red from valentine's day I think 4 years ago and the grass green that came in the slim duffle I have, and the purple, red, etc. It's not that I love the C print -- actually I don't care for it all that much -- but I love the lightweight, abuse taking fabric!

OMG you said the L word - Lesportsac is my guilty pleasure - they come in crazy prints and you can run over them with a truck without hurting them one bit! :smile:

I never thought of the scribbles that way, but you are right - scribble = the lighter side of coach.

I really prefer the classic leather styles, but waffled just enough to pick up a few Scribble pieces in both the 2005 Brights and the 2006 Pastels. Maybe it's just the part of me that loves bright LeSportsac prints showing it's face, but I think of the Scribbles as Coaches with a sense of humor. :graucho:

I am almost as protective of my purses as I am of my baby girl... Of course, if I had to drop one thing, it would be my bag and not my baby. ;) But I am so anal about not getting dirt on my stuff when I can help it.

So how stain/water repellent is the fabric really? If you need to clean it, what do you do?

It certainly doesn't seem to scuff easily - I saw someone with a hamptons carryall at the PO where the leather was absolutely peeling and cracking from age and abuse (hello, leather moisturizer!) but the sig fabric still looked pristine!

I :heart:signature! Don't get me wrong -- I like the leather bags too and I do have some (especially in the older more classic styles), but I adore signature.

I love the signature fabric because it has survived my long-term use much better than my leather bags have -- I've dropped the bags in puddles, been rained and snowed on. I also love the special colors that the sig comes in -- the pink/red from valentine's day I think 4 years ago and the grass green that came in the slim duffle I have, and the purple, red, etc. It's not that I love the C print -- actually I don't care for it all that much -- but I love the lightweight, abuse taking fabric!

I love the Carly with the big Cs on it. I wear my friend's a lot, and it feels slouchy and casual, but at the same time it's not quite as casual as jeans/t-shirt - it dresses up my schleppy clothes perfectly. I gotta get one for myself soon!

I had 4 mini sig bags before buying a different style. I didn't have a leather bag till I bought my Satchel last fall. I've never been a fan of the the large CC pattern so my sig bags are all black mini sig. I guess I do have the fish bag from 2005 that has bigger CC's on it (but you don't notice them with all of the fish!).
That said, I'm loving the Carly with the large CC's on it! Just not sure if I'm ready to take that plunge yet.

I don't know how big your binders are (thickness wise anyway) but the business tote is a big bag. If I'd been into totes in college, I would have been all over this bag, but I was more of a backpack/messenger girl back then.

cinediva, thanks for the heads up on the business tote size. I was going to check out the large carryall too. I just wasn't sure if it would be big enough for the big binders I have to cart around for work and school.

I have both signature and leather in my collection. I tend to prefer leather but it depends on the bag and how the signature is done. I tend to think the Coach signature patterns are done very well. A friend of mine recently purchase a Michael Kors sig bag and it looks like someone spray painted it on (jmho) I love the denim Carly pattern. I have always been a fan of the Optic signature. With the regular signature I tend to lean toward the black on black. I have soho leathers, legacy leathers, a leather Carly and some suede. I believe that variety is the spice of life!