Siena MM versus Mazarine PM or MM

Mazarine or Siena

• Total voters

jqbirdie

Aug 11, 2019
HI all!

So, I am now officially in the club of LV lovers. I have an Empriente Pochette Metis in Noir, and a Epi Petit Noe in Noir as well.

For my next purchase I am really wanting something that is more carefree/day to day and able to fit all my essentials + maybe a little more.

I have been bouncing between the now (sadly) discontinued Mazarine either in Mastic or Noir vs the Siena in MM. For the Mazarine I really don't know what size I would go with, it seems for both bags the MM is the same size?
Are there any hardcore fans of either bag that would like to try to sway me one way or the other? I will be buying either pre-loved. I have tried the Siena on in the PM size and felt it looked small on me... I am 5'11 and a slim build so I do think if the MM is the same in either bag I might go with that. However are any of you still owners of the Mazarine? How has it held up over the years? Any thoughts on which will be most durable?

I am nervous about the Mazarine as I have *never* seen one in person- but I do like that they seem more versatile maybe than the Siena...? Thoughts?? Agree- disagree?

Thanks all :smile:

I don't have either bag. But since you already have something in the Empreinte and Epi leather I would say maybe go for the the Siena. Damier Ebene is probably as carefree as you can get. I think both bags look almost identical. And while the Mazarine looks nice in Mastic, I don't really care for this particular zipper/magnetic closure option. You could always try the Siena on in person to get a feel for the bag. It's currently available..

Reactions: jqbirdie
I have the mazarine MM. and I heartily advocate for that bag. It’s so great and that double zip on top where both sides meet in the middle is so convenient. It’s a great bag. My mom has the sienna and that pretty but doesn’t compare to the mazarine in my opinion. It’s worn very well over the years but I am gentle with my bags.

I have the Siena MM and love it. The Siena is my most worn bag as it is so carefree and love the look as it can dressed up and down a bit.
As you already have one in empreinte, I would suggest the Siena in DE canvas would make a nice addition to your collection. I also think the Siena "molds" better to your body than the Mazarine when carrying it with the strap.

I have the mazarine MM. and I heartily advocate for that bag. It’s so great and that double zip on top where both sides meet in the middle is so convenient. It’s a great bag. My mom has the sienna and that pretty but doesn’t compare to the mazarine in my opinion. It’s worn very well over the years but I am gentle with my bags.
Thanks for the insight! With your bag and your Mom's- have you had them for the same amount of time? Also, what color is the Mazarine/size? Do you find it switches easily from day to night?

I have the Siena MM and love it. The Siena is my most worn bag as it is so carefree and love the look as it can dressed up and down a bit.
As you already have one in empreinte, I would suggest the Siena in DE canvas would make a nice addition to your collection. I also think the Siena "molds" better to your body than the Mazarine when carrying it with the strap.
I definitely like the look of the Siena in the DE, and thats a good point about molding to the body. How has your Siena held up/how long have you had it?

I definitely like the look of the Siena in the DE, and thats a good point about molding to the body. How has your Siena held up/how long have you had it?

I‘ve got my Siena in June 2016 and it has held up really well. I don‘t baby my canvas bags though I would never put it on the street/pavement. On the outside there are still no scratches, scuffs, marks, etc. Once I got color transfer from a really bad jeans and I could wipe it off so easily. On the inside I use an organizer so that it will stay clean.

I can’t speak for the Mazarine, but I just got my Siena PM two weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. It’s a beautiful, versatile bag that is perfect for daily use. I’m 5’5, and always pack A LOT into my purses (iPhone XR, a large makeup bag, large Longchamp wallet, keys, AirPods, packable tote, and a smaller makeup bag with pills, etc.), and the PM just (barely) fits everything. Being a bit taller, I’d definitely go for the MM - the extra room alone will be worth it.
Good luck with your decision! Let us know what you end up choosing!

I have the medium Mazarine in Noir and it is possibly my favorite LV. I brought it with me on vacation last fall and it was perfect for daytime sightseeing. I could wear it crossbody and it would carry everything I needed plus a bottle of water sticking out of the top (it was hot!). In the evening I would carry it, and she looked great for a dressy or casual dinner. I don’t baby my bags too much and my Mazarine looks fantastic after all these years .

Reactions: jqbirdie
I have the medium Mazarine in Noir and it is possibly my favorite LV. I brought it with me on vacation last fall and it was perfect for daytime sightseeing. I could wear it crossbody and it would carry everything I needed plus a bottle of water sticking out of the top (it was hot!). In the evening I would carry it, and she looked great for a dressy or casual dinner. I don’t baby my bags too much and my Mazarine looks fantastic after all these years .

I do love the noir, it looks so easy and fuss free! Have you ever carried the siena? It seems like the Siena is by far the more popular/common bag by a long shot. I just cannot decide which I would reach for more. They both seem pretty darn durable, and versatile. Ahhh

Reactions: LJChicago
Thanks for the insight! With your bag and your Mom's- have you had them for the same amount of time? Also, what color is the Mazarine/size? Do you find it switches easily from day to night?
My mazarine is MM, and black. If you don't mind a big bag for night it's fine. Owned Sienna and Mazarine same amount of time.