shu uemura leaving the US

I'm not really surprised. Their things are amazing but their market here is so small. They're too pricey for a lot of people and not as well know as say, MAC. At least their keeping their haircare :smile:

i've never really seen them in US stores..... they're absolutely whenever i go to Asia. i prefer to buy things in boutiques there whenever i go there so i can try things out.

I love Shu ! Mac is okay but I find the colours more dramatic than what I am looking for. Hopefully they stay in Canada.

As for the location in New York City , the store in Soho closed three years ago so you can only buy Shu in the department stores.
I read that they could start closing down in a few months so at least that gives us time to stock up. I love the cleansing oils too!

they have a lot of interesting ones too, for special occassions or bold looks. and their adhesive is great.

Absolutely. It's my staple albeit they cost more but it's worth every penny. Love their adhesive too and their lippy, cleansing oil and their makeup. Bee using this brand forever. I love their simple and clean packaging too.

I don't understand the logic in this. If they were opening up new consessions in stores then surely the brand is still profitable.

Going forward, we decided that L’Oreal USA would be better served by focusing on our other strategic luxury brands like Lancôme, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Kiehl’s, and fragrances,” president of L’Oreal USA’s luxury division, Carol Hamilton said in a statement

Do they presume that people will gravitate to their other brands or do they just not care about where the current consumers go? :confused1: