*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

For all the DBTY experts out there, any Guess what size the diamond is? It looks great on Christy and the placement is perfect, right in the hollow of her neck where it is intended. Ofcourse, this is an ad, so it would be placed perfect.

I was never a fan of the DBTY, but I recently purchased a little turquoise CBTY, had it shortened to sit in the hollow of my neck, and now I love the look so thinking of a DBTY too.

Any guesses on the size? Thanks.

View attachment 3870126

Hard to judge as it’s relative to her body size. A 0.3 may look very diff on a skinny petite frame vs a wider shoulder one.

Same goes to length. A 14” may sit at diff place on u vs me. So must try out personally.

I bought a DBTY necklace a week or so ago. It's only the .07 size, but it's exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty much a minimalist. What is driving me crazy though is that the stone keeps shifting off center by several inches! Would a bigger stone prevent that? I really don't want a bigger stone, especially if it will shift as well. I may end up exchanging it for the free floating pear shaped version even though I like this style better.

Any tips for keeping it centered?

I bought a DBTY necklace a week or so ago. It's only the .07 size, but it's exactly what I wanted. I'm pretty much a minimalist. What is driving me crazy though is that the stone keeps shifting off center by several inches! Would a bigger stone prevent that? I really don't want a bigger stone, especially if it will shift as well. I may end up exchanging it for the free floating pear shaped version even though I like this style better.

Any tips for keeping it centered?
You can always get one in RG or SS because they have a thicker bezel. My 0.10 RG stays pretty centered. You could also get a larger size. My 0.21 YG stays pretty centered. Also, make sure you have the right length. If it’s too long or too short, it will move around more.

Violet Bleu—do you happen to have pictures of both of those necklaces? I’m considering either an .08 and .17 YG. I’ve only tried on the .08 and liked it, but I keep reading about regrets and diamond shrinkage so I’m going back and forth. If you happen to have a picture showing both (understanding they’re different metals/bezels), I would appreciate the comparison shot! (Or if you have general thoughts re size, I’d appreciate that, too.) Thanks!

You can always get one in RG or SS because they have a thicker bezel. My 0.10 RG stays pretty centered. You could also get a larger size. My 0.21 YG stays pretty centered. Also, make sure you have the right length. If it’s too long or too short, it will move around more.

Violet Bleu—do you happen to have pictures of both of those necklaces? I’m considering either an .08 and .17 YG. I’ve only tried on the .08 and liked it, but I keep reading about regrets and diamond shrinkage so I’m going back and forth. If you happen to have a picture showing both (understanding they’re different metals/bezels), I would appreciate the comparison shot! (Or if you have general thoughts re size, I’d appreciate that, too.) Thanks!

I find myself occasionally experiencing diamond shrinkage syndrome, so I would go with the 0.17 ! If you go up to 0.18 or higher, Tiffany will send you the diamond certificate with the specs, so this might be worth considering. If you play with color and clarity, it’s possible to get a slightly bigger diamond for the price of the 0.17. There is definitely a noticeable size difference between the 0.08 and anything 0.14 and up, so if you’re near a Tiffany store, it might be worth it to go in and try the different sizes before making a purchase.

Good luck!

I do have pics. Let me dig them up, and I will post. I’d definitely recommend the larger size if you can do it. Or you can get a smaller size with the thicker bezel (in SS or RG) for more of a presence.

Reactions: Julezah

Hmmm...good to know. Didn’t even consider the length being an issue. I have 0.44 YG and sometimes it’s literally all over the place lol. I kind of like how it looks when it’s completely turned around, but I’m sure it looks weird when it’s just hanging out on shoulder lol.

Hmmm...good to know. Didn’t even consider the length being an issue. I have 0.44 YG and sometimes it’s literally all over the place lol. I kind of like how it looks when it’s completely turned around, but I’m sure it looks weird when it’s just hanging out on shoulder lol.
Lol. I’m just curious. . . If you already have a larger DBTY, are you getting a second one for a more dainty look?

Lol. I’m just curious. . . If you already have a larger DBTY, are you getting a second one for a more dainty look?

Oh no. Sorry if I was unclear. I don’t plan on getting another one. You mentioned to Junime that the movement can be caused by the size of the DBTY or the length. I was just suggesting that I guess in my case it might be the length since it shouldn’t be the size. Perhaps mine is too short. I was just saying I never thought of that, but thank you for the information. I honestly would not have thought that the length was causing it to turn off center.

Oh no. Sorry if I was unclear. I don’t plan on getting another one. You mentioned to Junime that the movement can be caused by the size of the DBTY or the length. I was just suggesting that I guess in my case it might be the length since it shouldn’t be the size. Perhaps mine is too short. I was just saying I never thought of that, but thank you for the information. I honestly would not have thought that the length was causing it to turn off center.
Oh! I see! Sorry! Mixed you up with @Julezah for a second.

I really do think the length of your necklace contributes to it moving around. You can always play with the lengths.