*Show Your Tiffany DBTY Necklace!!!*

So this is my second post on TPF and this thread actually helped me along with my DBTY purchase. In the past month I've exchanged 4 DBTY till I finally hit my sweet spot (size I mean) the 5th one was the charm LOL. I originally purchased the .05 in YG only to get home and felt that it looked silly on me. Then within days I exchanged to the .08 then realized it was still wrong for me also realized that for $100 more I could go from .08 to .12 so why not?!?! I kept it for another 2 weeks and then the infamous DIAMOND SHRINKAGE happened taking me back to my insanely patient SA who showed me a .17 (I asked for .18 but there weren't any at any NY locations only Chicago interestingly) so wanting to leave with my necklace I went with .17 only to get home yet again with regrets so I emailed my SA and she happily arranged the .18 to come to the NY location and voila I was finally at peace and in love....

I've learned that DBTY is a beautiful choice and it depends on your body frame, complexion, (possibly height) and overall STYLE and most of all BUDGET (save for the biggest one that looks right on you)

I'm 5'7 with a medium frame so the smaller .05 and .08 really got lost on me. The .12 was alright but just didn't speak to me. The .17 was nice but I was able to spring the extra money and opt for the .18 which now I will get the valuation report. It was fun and I got away with so many exchanges apparently because each repurchase resets the 30 day clock LOL
But now I'm HAPPY with my piece of dainty bling that sparkles just right. I also do not take it off....Thanks for letting me share

Attachments

• IMG_2980.JPG
    IMG_2980.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 2,442
Hi guys! I want to thank everyone for their lovely model photos - it really helps in making a decision. I was wondering, does the RG exist in 0.05? On the website they only have 0.03 and 0.07 (and bigger) and the nearest tiffany store is hours away from me. From the pictures it seems 0.07 would be too large for me ( I like really, really dainty pieces) but 0.03 too small. So, does anyone know if the RG even exists in 0.05?

Hi guys! I want to thank everyone for their lovely model photos - it really helps in making a decision. I was wondering, does the RG exist in 0.05? On the website they only have 0.03 and 0.07 (and bigger) and the nearest tiffany store is hours away from me. From the pictures it seems 0.07 would be too large for me ( I like really, really dainty pieces) but 0.03 too small. So, does anyone know if the RG even exists in 0.05?
I don’t think it comes in that size. Keep in mind that the bezel is thicker on RG, so I would go with the .03 if you still want something dainty.

Have you seen what an .07ct stone looks like in real life? If that's not "dainty" I don't know what is.
A .03ct in their rg bezel won't show much from normal viewing distance, you're going to see mostly bezel.

Reactions: Nesslee
Hmm, so it definitely doesn't come in 0.05 ct? That’s a pity. I will go to the store to see the 0.07 in real life then. Its just that from the model photos in this thread I'm afraid it looked a bit too large for my taste. I know 0.07 is already really small, but I really prefer a subtle look (the appeal of the DBTY isn’t so much in the diamond for me, but more about the overall look as a whole). But who knows, maybe I'll really like the size once I see it in real life! Thank you for your responses. And to whoever has the RG DBTY, please do continue to share your model pics :smile:

I'm sure there's been a .05 done in a rg bezel. Think I may have seen one here? If not rg, then another metal. I think it's just about what Tiff's currently has available.

Does anyone have the pear shaped DBTY pendant? I just got it for a really good price on the second hand market and I’m really excited and I was wondering if anyone who has it could post modeling shots? I haven’t really seen it on anyone before but it looked so pretty!

For all the DBTY experts out there, any Guess what size the diamond is? It looks great on Christy and the placement is perfect, right in the hollow of her neck where it is intended. Ofcourse, this is an ad, so it would be placed perfect.

I was never a fan of the DBTY, but I recently purchased a little turquoise CBTY, had it shortened to sit in the hollow of my neck, and now I love the look so thinking of a DBTY too.

Any guesses on the size? Thanks.

IMG_1509746991.831708.jpg

Reactions: keodi
For all the DBTY experts out there, any Guess what size the diamond is? It looks great on Christy and the placement is perfect, right in the hollow of her neck where it is intended. Ofcourse, this is an ad, so it would be placed perfect.

I was never a fan of the DBTY, but I recently purchased a little turquoise CBTY, had it shortened to sit in the hollow of my neck, and now I love the look so thinking of a DBTY too.

Any guesses on the size? Thanks.

View attachment 3870126

I would say between 0.3 and 0.5 but I think, it is closer to 0.3 since it looks kinda close to her earrings and some stones on the longer necklace, Tiffany doesn’t produce earrings and long necklaces with big diamonds.