Show us your Etsy bags/purses

leighasue, I would love to see any of your Sakura Urban stuff.

While browsing through their feedback I found this cute bag. Maybe I will write them for a custom order soon ...

ilfullxfull158299010.jpg
ilfullxfull158299012.jpg

Oh wow, this amazing. I love it!

Oh boy...my first-ever post :smile: I bought the "Bella Bag" from Stitch and Swash
http://www.etsy.com/shop/stitchandswash a year ago and love it. The leather is amazingly soft and the colors are gorgeous. I use it a lot when I travel--it's big enough for a book and a water bottle without being bulky and cumbersome. I must say I found it accidentally when using the "pounce" function...not because I wanted the bag from the Twilight movies :P

Welcome to tPF, luey! Do you remember if what you paid a year ago for the Bella bag is the same price as Stitch and Swash is charging now? Regardless, it's a good price and a nice-looking tote! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the welcome :smile: She was selling them for the same price when I bought it last year at Thanksgiving. It's been worth every penny--the quality is top grade and I get tons of compliments on it.

Oh boy...my first-ever post :smile: I bought the "Bella Bag" from Stitch and Swash
http://www.etsy.com/shop/stitchandswash a year ago and love it. The leather is amazingly soft and the colors are gorgeous. I use it a lot when I travel--it's big enough for a book and a water bottle without being bulky and cumbersome. I must say I found it accidentally when using the "pounce" function...not because I wanted the bag from the Twilight movies :P

I have this bag also, and I definitely recommend it. It does have a slightly unfinished/rugged vibe to it. But on the maker's website, she offers a tote that is more finished (edges sewn in, instead of out, etc). She's super nice, too. I think there is a long thread somewhere on TPF about the Bella bag. Here's a model shot from after I received it last year:

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF2870.jpg
    DSCF2870.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,114
I have this bag also, and I definitely recommend it. It does have a slightly unfinished/rugged vibe to it. But on the maker's website, she offers a tote that is more finished (edges sewn in, instead of out, etc). She's super nice, too. I think there is a long thread somewhere on TPF about the Bella bag. Here's a model shot from after I received it last year:

attachment.php

Looks great.

I have purchased 2 bags and a clutch off of Etsy. My bags have been iffy and b/c of that I don't think I will be purchasing a bag from Etsy again but the site does offer some incredible stuff. Maybe I just had bad luck.

My first bag was falling apart (had stitches that unravelled and the leather had a half inch scratch on it.), second bag was a different shade from the swatch that I was sent (still a great bag, just not the colour that I was hoping for) and the clutch is ok. I bought from 2 different sellers.

I had a friend custom make me a bag with material I had on hand (she has a shop on etsy now). She used the bag style to make others she sold, it holds up well, took it to Ireland in 07'!

Well, I used to sell at Etsy before I got my web-page up, and still do. I find Indie fashion to be so much more interesting and in many ways, realistic, than mainstream. Also, no sooner have I started scouring sites like Etsy, Cargoh, BigCartel and others, have I learned that fashion is, in fact, born within Indie communities, and some 6-8 months later is it picked up by mainstream. :yahoo:

Sites like that taught me about environmental movements, sustainable shopping and brought me some great quality, unique items.
I now try to buy from artists near me, in the Vancouver area.

Attachments

• 20100411100254_0058.jpg
    20100411100254_0058.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1,141
Reactions: vink