Show us your COACH secondhand BARGAINS!!

Yep, some prices are nuts! $70-plus for just one catalog? 12 or 15 years ago you could usually find them for around $10 each. They're also a lot cheaper to ship than handbags especially if you can use Media Mail. Some of the newer ones are even duplicates of the same catalog pages from the same time period but with a different cover. You have to be really careful about buying the ones that might be just a few months newer or older than one you already have. If you go back to the early 1980s, they may have only made one catalog per year, the 1981 and 1982 books are almost identical, although the only place I've seen them is on the thumb drives and DVDs that sometimes turn up.

When someone charges more for a vintage catalog than many of the prices of the bags inside it, that's just plain greedy. We've seen enough shameless greed in these last few years to last a dozen lifetimes. :annoyed:
Actually, you aren't supposed to use media mail for catalogs because they contain advertising.

You have to be really careful about buying the ones that might be just a few months newer or older than one you already have. If you go back to the early 1980s, they may have only made one catalog per year, the 1981 and 1982 books are almost identical, although the only place I've seen them is on the thumb drives and DVDs that sometimes turn up.
That is a good point, that during the 90s, they did start to churn out more catalogs. I have seen what you mean, that there is very little or no difference in some closely released, with different covers. I have about 10, spanning from '88 to '01 and now a mini from circa '82! It goes without saying if you ladies who generously authentic would like me to look up anything, give me shout!
It is helpful that in the older catalogs, they listed what was new. So one can pinpoint when different styles were released. And when oldies got a re-issue. And those '80s catalogs; now I have a HG catalog list :lol:

Last edited:
I would love to find a duffle at a thrift. I love what you did with the dinky especially! I customized a bag I got for $16. The customization cost $115, and I didn't do very much!

Thanks. The pins were half price here in the UK so the timing was great. I do wonder though if they will be phasing it out soon because they’ve marked down the price. Fingers crossed they dont. I still have a few project bags in mind.