Show me your Plumes - An Ode!

This is slightly OT but this feels like a good place to ask: do you guys ever see brown Plumes (such as the chocolate box) in stores? Online the closest thing they’ve got is gold, which veers too tan for me. A deep brown Plume would fill the last empty slot in my bag wardrobe (and I’d rather go new than preloved for this particular bag). :3

Reactions: Julide and doni
This is slightly OT but this feels like a good place to ask: do you guys ever see brown Plumes (such as the chocolate box) in stores? Online the closest thing they’ve got is gold, which veers too tan for me. A deep brown Plume would fill the last empty slot in my bag wardrobe (and I’d rather go new than preloved for this particular bag). :3

My store said they hadn't seen a 32 Plume for ages. They only get the mini sizes. So I got my Ebene Plume preloved, it looked pristine. I understand to want to go new but consider, the Plume is both extremely expensive and extremely underrated, meaning you get really good deals in the preloved market... After all the research I did to buy mine, I doubt I would ever get this bag new...

My store said they hadn't seen a 32 Plume for ages. They only get the mini sizes. So I got my Ebene Plume preloved, it looked pristine. I understand to want to go new but consider, the Plume is both extremely expensive and extremely underrated, meaning you get really good deals in the preloved market... After all the research I did to buy mine, I doubt I would ever get this bag new...

It's true. I think prices are creeping up though.

Unfortunately. If someone wants a more unusual contemporary colour or leather they'll have to buy new. That's what I did. I think I can justify by averaging out over both Plumes.

Reactions: Julide and doni
It's true. I think prices are creeping up though.

Oh dear, high time to hunt a smooth-leather one then :P

I need one for the warm season too. Seriously, I use my Plume all the time and just now I was thinking what a great bag it is and what a pleasure to use. So easy and smart. I was today at Hermes picking my new Verrou and while all the girls were fluttering around it, the SM came to say: Madame, that Plume, what an exceptional bag... And it really is.

Unfortunately. If someone wants a more unusual contemporary colour or leather they'll have to buy new. That's what I did. I think I can justify by averaging out over both Plumes.

Ah, that's your Bamboo, such a great color, worth the price.

You’re totally right! I will buy preloved if it comes down to it. I remember some years ago seeing a deep brown Plume on h.com so hoping it comes back one of these days.

It's exactly the right place to ask.

As a fellow lover of brown I have noticed there are not that many brown bags of any model at H ATM. Etoupe and Gold (and the 'special' leathers Fauve Barenia, P Porc etc) being the closest, occasionally there are some men's brown bags. The days when almost every lady had a black and a brown bag are truly gone. It's just fashion. My last brown bag (Chocolate Swift) is from 2008, a Web Bolide was really made for a man in mind.

Like the dark blues and beiges, I think browns will make a fashionable return but until then consider going the pre-loved route. Brown is often the most cost-effective colour of them all (lucky us). If you really want to go new you could ask your SA to ask head of bags to order you one (PO) or even a SO. Your first task is to simply ask, because you are asking for a Plume I think your request will be met with interest.