Show me your Plum or Bordeaux please?

ooo

May 4, 2012
The two colors, Plum and Bordeaux, don't look all that different to me.

Can anyone show me there's?

The Bordeaux looks like it has more color "depth." Does Bordeaux just age beautifully? Yummy!

Hi!

The colors look slightly different depending on the leather you are choosing. Which one are you referring to?

Here's Sarah's thread on her new Bordeaux Small Florentine Satchel:

http://forum.purseblog.com/dooney-and-bourke/florentine-satchel-in-bordeaux-800113.html

I have both in wallets and can try to get a good picture of them together later if no one else posts handbags which would be easier to compare.

Sue
Thanks. I'm looking at the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Domed Buckle Satchel.

Sarah's satchel is pretty. Love the color of it. Hope the domed buckle has that leather.

Thanks. I'm looking at the Dooney & Bourke Florentine Leather Domed Buckle Satchel.

Sarah's satchel is pretty. Love the color of it. Hope the domed buckle has that leather.

The domed buckle bag comes in a variety of leathers, florentine being one. They also include Dillen II and Pearly Python, maybe others. The style is one of my favorites but way too big for me.

If you are interested in grape Pearly Python in this style (slightly lighter bag in weight) I think I saw her on the I Love Dooney ebay store for about $100 off or more. I haven't checked today to see what availability there is. There would be no easy pay and that bag is still in the mid 300's with the discount.

Sue

Cool. I might have to check out the I Love Dooney ebay store again. I saw a navy satchel earlier that was also pretty. Python sounds interesting.

Is Floretine the smoothest of the leathers? I'm a sucker for a soft leather.

It does look like a big bag. I'm actually hoping it can a few hold school/work folders or textbooks. I have a small Coach satchel already, and want to get at least one larger bag that could fit the kitchen sink. The handle does seem very short, though... 8 or 9 inch handle drop on it. I've got big arms, so I'm not sure if I could use it as a shoulder bag. I wish it had a longer shoulder strap or attachable strap on it. I really should get out a measuring tape and try to picture what size the bag will really be.

Cool. I might have to check out the I Love Dooney ebay store again. I saw a navy satchel earlier that was also pretty. Python sounds interesting.

Is Floretine the smoothest of the leathers? I'm a sucker for a soft leather.

It does look like a big bag. I'm actually hoping it can a few hold school/work folders or textbooks. I have a small Coach satchel already, and want to get at least one larger bag that could fit the kitchen sink. The handle does seem very short, though... 8 or 9 inch handle drop on it. I've got big arms, so I'm not sure if I could use it as a shoulder bag. I wish it had a longer shoulder strap or attachable strap on it. I really should get out a measuring tape and try to picture what size the bag will really be.

I just checked the ebay store and the Pearly Python bag was still there for $351 (no S&H). They have raised the price of the Plum Satchel we were discussing yesterday to $199, which is what it is on the web site as well.

Did you order the one you had planned on getting last night?

By the way, your Coach bag is pretty! Is she an Ashley? I usually buy Dooneys so don't know the Coach line too well.

About leathers, I'm not sure that I would say that Florentine leather is the smoothest. There are varying reports about the texture of bags received in that line. I still have not bought a Florentine leather bag. The leather scratches more easily and is heavier than other leathers. The scratches can be rubbed out and many people LOVE their Florentine bags. I happen to love the Dillen II leather. It is durable, lighter weight and rarely scratches. It takes color beautifully.

As for styles, the Domed Satchel is a larger bag. There is a style called a Large Pocket Satchel:

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=59059

This bag might fill your needs in terms of a shoulder strap and plenty of room for all your necessities. I have one in teal Nylon. This is a "plainer" bag if you love buckles, etc. She comes in Dillen II, Dillen II with tan trim, Nylon and Suede as far as I know. I haven't seen a plum one around but there may be one in the retail stores or on eBay.

I hope you are able to identify your "perfect" bag! Usually Dooney has a sale at the end of March where all bags are 20 or 25% off. That might help you if you can wait that long.

Sue

The bag I wanted ended up being out of stock. My order got waitlisted. :sad:

So, I'm on the hunt for another bag... unless QVC's inventory changes soon.

If they can't ship my order in the next few days, I'll probably cancel and find something else. I was hoping it would get here for Valentine's day. I even paid for fast shipping. The color I got must have been popular or they overestimated stock or something.

I've been stalking ilovedooney's Ebay store. Haven't found "the one" yet, but I have been holding off a bit to see if my QVC order will come through in stock after all.

The Dillen 2 does look nice with the strap and pockets. I do love pockets. Hmm...

Interesting about Florentine leather. I do prefer smooth, softer leather.

P.S.-- Thanks. It is a Coach Ashley convertable satchel in metallic ("gunmetal" is their name for it, I think). I've used it for almost one year solid. It's the perfect combo with the short handles and the long strap. The leather is really soft. It can squeeze in an iPad crooked. But, it is limited on space. I kind of do want a larger back that can hold everything, plus work folders or even a laptop if I needed. I figure one small bag and one large bag would be a good way to start my bag addiction. :smile:

The bag I wanted ended up being out of stock. My order got waitlisted. :sad:

So, I'm on the hunt for another bag... unless QVC's inventory changes soon.

If they can't ship my order in the next few days, I'll probably cancel and find something else. I was hoping it would get here for Valentine's day. I even paid for fast shipping. The color I got must have been popular or they overestimated stock or something.

I've been stalking ilovedooney's Ebay store. Haven't found "the one" yet, but I have been holding off a bit to see if my QVC order will come through in stock after all.

The Dillen 2 does look nice with the strap and pockets. I do love pockets. Hmm...

Interesting about Florentine leather. I do prefer smooth, softer leather.

P.S.-- Thanks. It is a Coach Ashley convertable satchel in metallic ("gunmetal" is their name for it, I think). I've used it for almost one year solid. It's the perfect combo with the short handles and the long strap. The leather is really soft. It can squeeze in an iPad crooked. But, it is limited on space. I kind of do want a larger back that can hold everything, plus work folders or even a laptop if I needed. I figure one small bag and one large bag would be a good way to start my bag addiction. :smile:

I have always found QVC to have the slowest shipping on the damn planet. (And the most expensive shipping, too. :cursing: ) Sorry your bag is out of stock.

I have always found QVC to have the slowest shipping on the damn planet. (And the most expensive shipping, too. :cursing: ) Sorry your bag is out of stock.

Heh, good to know that they're often slow. I ended up ordering another bag too (or instead of, if the other never gets back in stock). They created a shipping tag for it, so we'll see how long it takes. Shipping was expensive with them, that's for sure. I may paid for faster shipping, but still. :smile: