Show Me Your Naked Nails!

Nothing on but the radio.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0430111519a.jpg
    0430111519a.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,351
Mine are naked right now. I started polishing them regularly around September and by the time January came around I was getting alot of peeling. I am trying to go naked while they grow out and it is hard! I have pretty strong nails and never had peeling problems before I started using remover 3-4 times a week. I know dry, winter air can be a problem but I really think it was the remover since they have never peeled before.

They already look better with a few days of being moisturized twice daily. I need a new strategy for keeping them healthy while keeping them painted. I miss my colors!

Here is a pic of my poor nails. I am trying to keep them short while they grow out.

IMG_2588.jpg

I've noticed that one of the keys to keeping my nails in good condition is to always moisturize immediately after using remover. Usually what I do is take off the old polish, apply a generous amount of cuticle cream to the entire cuticle & nail bed area, and don a pair of cotton jeweler's gloves. Then I hop onto tPF for half an hour to let it soak in! (^(oo)^)

As a bonus, when I remove the gloves, my cuticles are soft and easy to be push back. Then I swab down the nail beds with rubbing alcohol to remove the excess oil and apply my new manicure.

Nothing on but the radio.

attachment.php

Here are my nekkid nails. :biggrin: I finally painted them today after three days. No sun today but will post pics when it comes out as I have on Nfu Oh# 62.

2011-04-28_10-52-32_70.jpg

My naked nails getting ready for this weeks polish change.

c6c56221.jpg

Getting ready for my next mani:

IMAG0147-1.jpg
you ladies all have such nicely shaped nail beds, and great healthy looking nails!!

Mine are naked right now. I started polishing them regularly around September and by the time January came around I was getting alot of peeling. I am trying to go naked while they grow out and it is hard! I have pretty strong nails and never had peeling problems before I started using remover 3-4 times a week. I know dry, winter air can be a problem but I really think it was the remover since they have never peeled before.

They already look better with a few days of being moisturized twice daily. I need a new strategy for keeping them healthy while keeping them painted. I miss my colors!

Here is a pic of my poor nails. I am trying to keep them short while they grow out.

IMG_2588.jpg

Try using a basecoat that restores flexibility so nails don't crack and peel. I use Jessica Bend Don't Break and find it's one of the best I've tried.

Hi there ladies!

Here's my pitiful hand, waiting for my Shellac order to come in. I've got some cuticle healing to do yet, but things are coming along nicely, I think. Nothing like a new order on it's way to get me motivated to keep using the cuticle oil every night!

Attachments

• No polish 1.jpg
    No polish 1.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 367