Show me your leather jackets

My favorite leather jacket was purchased last spring on sale from Nordstrom. It's from Top Shop Boutique and was originally around $600-I paid about 1/2. It's an 80's inspired thick leather jacket with a detachable black shearling collar. It's one of my all time favorite purchases-the leather is AMAZING and smells amazing too!!

Attachments

• TOPSHOP.jpg
    TOPSHOP.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 452
Reactions: sanarae
Here are mine. Black biker was purchased in Buenos Aires. Cream cropped biker (buttery soft) is from Kitson, the trench is Andrew Marc and the other is from Hare and Hart (but purchased at MyHabit).

View attachment 2043915

View attachment 2043916

View attachment 2043917

View attachment 2043918
I know this is an old post but that Andrew Marc brown trench is absolutely dreamy! Reminds me of the one Catherine Deneuve wore in Belle de Jour! I’ve been searching for one like that for ages!

If I’m brave I might post a few of my collection - I’m addicted to leather jackets (Moto / bomber styles in particular!) Love everything from All Saints (I have the quilted Rally jacket which had a moment years ago but it’s sweltering!) to Valette to Rag & Bone, Gap, the mesh/quilted/corset lacing fitted jacket Evan Rachel Wood wore in season 3 of Westworld to random brands which catch my eye - I’m not picky as long as the leather is great quality and the design rocks.

Still looking for the perfect buttery Cognac/brown colored jacket…and my dream is a Bal moto or Belstaff (or more realistically any red jacket for pop :smile: Love seeing all your collections!!
@Tote Ali that leather blazer looks chic and sophisticated on you - and fits perfectly!

Last edited:
This is my favourite atm(I’m currently having another bespoke one in Indigo black blue one with Porusus croc made).

It’s bespoke made using 3 toiles by No, No, Yes! in Japan..worn for 4 years but good as new…

The Charcoal grey one is an XS rtw by No, No, Yes!-this is quite worn after 4 years of constant wear(this is NOT ME LOL)

I also have a bespoke black Japanese calf which has seen better days, which is too big, by Wearwolf , which I won’t keep forever..

1FD563B7-5751-4CD6-B1C3-343208C1DBB0.jpeg

E0D44940-32A6-4F90-8A3B-8F2C2AC4731A.jpeg

I know this is an old post but that Andrew Marc brown trench is absolutely dreamy! Reminds me of the one Catherine Deneuve wore in Belle de Jour! I’ve been searching for one like that for ages!

If I’m brave I might post a few of my collection - I’m addicted to leather jackets (Moto / bomber styles in particular!) Love everything from All Saints (I have the quilted Rally jacket which had a moment years ago but it’s sweltering!) to Valette to Rag & Bone, Gap, the mesh/quilted/corset lacing fitted jacket Evan Rachel Wood wore in season 3 of Westworld to random brands which catch my eye - I’m not picky as long as the leather is great quality and the design rocks.

Still looking for the perfect buttery Cognac/brown colored jacket…and my dream is a Bal moto or Belstaff (or more realistically any red jacket for pop :smile: Love seeing all your collections!!
@Tote Ali that leather blazer looks chic and sophisticated on you - and fits perfectly!
Please come back and share! I just went through all 49 pages to look at everyone's jackets...

Please come back and share! I just went through all 49 pages to look at everyone's jackets...
I am shy & careful of posting a photo of myself wearing this as I recentishly wore it to a bash with BAFTA winners & nominees after a career pivot, but for starters, this is the same model & size of jacket Dolores/Evan Rachel Wood wore with almost zero alterations in series 3 of Westworld HBO. (Everyone on that show was amazing, mad props to the diversity of casting—Leo Nam & Thandiwe were two of my faves but I can’t pick! I’m more of a Maeve in personality force even tho I copped Dolores’s rad jacket). Mad props to wardrobe as this is the least exxy leather jacket I own; I just searched random gifs & sadly they don’t capture the majesty of riding a future-Vespa conquering the baddies in corset-tied mesh quilted fitted metaphorical armour & 120mm heels. I paired with a black Hervé Léger semi-translucent minidress with cutouts c 2009?-–Oldschool, maybe cliché, but the diamond patterning as opposed to the typical horizontal stripes & intricate crisscross straps fit the vibe in a hurry; black Wolford satin touch 20 denier hold-ups, black So Kates, amalgamating two looks that I was inspired by: plus a custom stainless steel norepinephrine molecule earring & stainless steel 26mm Tissot watch—I was going for silver & black exclusively—Saint Laurent mixed chevron + Chanel-type quilt black bag w SHW & silver chain strap (I don’t know the name of this but it is different to the recent releases; bought in 2017 after seeing it in an advert, was tough to track down in SHW since I dislike online shopping—I’m a tactile haptic girl. I love it: survives getting shoved about on the metro, & it loves me back; looks good as new after a little gentle nurturing care). I’m Eurasian & brunette so I said I was a different robot if anyone caught on. Otherwise I introduced myself as __, ‘the Saint Laurent x AllSaints x All Souls {as in the Oxford college} collab you never knew you needed’. It was that kind of party. Can take photos of the rest of the kit but kind of irrelevant to this thread. I sold off the CLs—ouchy feet for me! (& psst, I definitely browsed all the jackets here toooooooo in awe & admiration)

IMG_0238.gif

IMG_0236.gif

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3757.jpeg

This is my favourite atm(I’m currently having another bespoke one in Indigo black blue one with Porusus croc made).

It’s bespoke made using 3 toiles by No, No, Yes! in Japan..worn for 4 years but good as new…

The Charcoal grey one is an XS rtw by No, No, Yes!-this is quite worn after 4 years of constant wear(this is NOT ME LOL)

I also have a bespoke black Japanese calf which has seen better days, which is too big, by Wearwolf , which I won’t keep forever..

View attachment 5765106

View attachment 5765107
Both look so lush — there’s nothing like having clothes tailored or bespoke to flatter one’s figure effortlessly. Gorgeous! The first one feels like a fever dream just gazing.

I tailor all my blazers, etc no matter the price range—& tailoring doesn’t have to be pricey; it’s how models’ off-duty style involves tees which somehow fit them perfectly, why mannequins in shop windows have their outfits pinned to the form when you circle round to the back. Bespoke leather is on my bucket list—an ex snagged a vintage McQ piece, invested in getting it tailored and, well, damn. (Dry cleaners often have someone who will tailor clothing if you enquire nicely & they turn out to have been a suitmaker or know the skillset from another life. Then you promote them to all your pals who promote them to all their pals & the dry cleaners turns into an alterations boutique!)