Show me your Ardoise

kate79

Jul 27, 2006
I'm about the pull the trigger and order an Ardoise giant covered hardware envelope clutch. I know the color of Ardoise has been discussed at length already, but a lot of the pictures in the reference library don't seem to be working and I'm having last minute second thoughts on this color. Would you consider this a blue with grey undertones? Or a grey with blue undertones? (hope that makes sense). Any pictures you can share of this color would also be greatly appreciated. I haven't seen this one IRL and am worried that it's going to be too much of an easter egg blue.

Well, it is FAR from easter egg blue. That sounds more like Nuage. Ardoise is really more of a gray with blue undertones, imo. Someone eloquently described it "baby elephant blue" (or gray, can't remember), and I like that description.

It's a beautiful color.

Ardoise1.jpg

There's mine. :smile:

^ gorgeous Laurenpop! Love it.

Here's the picture I was sent. Think this is just a bad picture? Or is it really this blue? I'm hoping for the color in Lauren's picture above and not the baby blue in this picture.

Attachments

• envelopeclutch_001[1].jpg
    envelopeclutch_001[1].jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 802
I noticed that some of my pics that I posted in Reference are "unavailable"... I have no idea why that happened. Anyway, here are some of my favorite pics of Ardoise, it is a hard color to capture on camera. Mine looks different in every different light setting, but mostly it looks grey with a hint of light blue. However, sometimes I see green and even a purplish tone to it.

5298775844_34fb3bc1b6_z.jpg

5435301374_852b9f020e_z.jpg

5371569354_9d80506749_z.jpg

5286535955_471e1f8b92_z.jpg

^ gorgeous Laurenpop! Love it.

Here's the picture I was sent. Think this is just a bad picture? Or is it really this blue? I'm hoping for the color in Lauren's picture above and not the baby blue in this picture.

I think it's the lighting in this pic. It really isn't easter egg blue at all, not even close to looking like a pastel. I can get mine to look pastel in the right lighting, though...low/yellow light without any natural light and no flash on my camera makes it appear far more baby blue than it actually is.

As for the color, you should go for it. It is a beautiful color! I have never seen an ardoise that looked pastel or easter egg!

I love ardoise! I bought it in every hw except covered! I am so excited to see what your clutch would look like :nuts: I also have the sgh tt bracelet... It is such a great neutral!
1e5e9002.jpg

87d073ed.jpg

dd5b32e8.jpg

d1f04da1.jpg

^^^You're a wild one NYCavalier! I love ardoise so much too... had the hardest time decided between SGH and RGGH. I can't do the multiple bag route, but I decided to stick with the SGH PT and got a lil ardoise RGGH TT to make up for my yearning for RGGH :P