Should Speedy 25 be allowed to return to the motherland with me?

mm dont know if i would, i have the 25 too.. but i dont know if i could handle a hand held purse on a sightseeing trip... besides i worry too much about the vachetta getting dirty from carrying it all day.. let us know waht u decided

Take it and don't worry too much... Paris and Rome aren't very dangerous cities... It's just like any other big city around the World (there are good and bad zones.. I wouldn't advise you to walk alone at night or to go to more "shady" areas like Pigalle but I would say this with or without and LV) ;) Have fun!

My boyfriend is taking me to Paris and Rome for a week and a half in early September. My big question is ... should I take my speedy with me? I almost never get to use it, and I love to dress up and look nice, but I've been working in a research lab all summer, so that has not been an option. I feel like I would love to carry it with me in Paris.
However, I am a little paranoid about the possible sweaty hand issue, as it will still be warm in Paris and Rome and my vachetta is relatively untouched. My boyfriend (who is a cop) has also managed to worry me that I am going to be robbed or pick pocketed in Paris (I also have an LV wallet and cles I faithfully carry). I live in Chicago so I am used to big city living and I am extremely vigilant of my surroundings since I live in an area that is very close to some of the worst neighborhoods in chicago. However, now he has me scared. I am just wondering how other people would feel about taking their speedy with them on a vacay where you will mostly be sight seeing and walking about in a big city. Last thing, I am extremely proud of my LVs as I worked very hard to buy them all and while I don't want to be robbed, I don't want to not use them after working so hard to pay for them!

Thanks for your opinions!

Take it with!! Take it with!! I'm sure you won't be sight seeing in nasty areas. You'll have your own personal security force with for goodness sakes! Really, you will be fine. You sound like a city-savvy woman, and having a cop with you certainly can't hurt!

My boyfriend is taking me to Paris and Rome for a week and a half in early September. My big question is ... should I take my speedy with me? I almost never get to use it, and I love to dress up and look nice, but I've been working in a research lab all summer, so that has not been an option. I feel like I would love to carry it with me in Paris.
However, I am a little paranoid about the possible sweaty hand issue, as it will still be warm in Paris and Rome and my vachetta is relatively untouched. My boyfriend (who is a cop) has also managed to worry me that I am going to be robbed or pick pocketed in Paris (I also have an LV wallet and cles I faithfully carry). I live in Chicago so I am used to big city living and I am extremely vigilant of my surroundings since I live in an area that is very close to some of the worst neighborhoods in chicago. However, now he has me scared. I am just wondering how other people would feel about taking their speedy with them on a vacay where you will mostly be sight seeing and walking about in a big city. Last thing, I am extremely proud of my LVs as I worked very hard to buy them all and while I don't want to be robbed, I don't want to not use them after working so hard to pay for them!

Thanks for your opinions!

I think you should take your bag. A Speedy is hand held. It is difficult to cut the straps with you holding it. The only problem is if you go shopping it may become heavy.

Take it and enjoy it if it'll make you happy. I recently went to Paris with my bf during the summer and brought my croissant pochette. Before I went, I heard all these stories about how bad pick pocketing was over there and was somewhat worried. However when I got there, I forgot all about it. It's just like any other major city. As long as you're aware of your surroundings and don't leave your bag in the open anywhere, you'll be fine. Plus you'll have your personal cop with you 24/7! I purchased a speedy on my trip but didn't use it at all because I liked having my hands free while sightseeing, but that's a personal preference. We were walking so much during the day that I didn't want to hold anything. As for the issue of the vachetta, the same thing happened to my croissant. I used it for about a week on the trip and it did darken from the sweat and humidity but it wasn't really bad. Keep a Kleenex in your purse and wipe your hands often. You can also carry the speedy on your arm.

Last edited:
Most definitely! I've taken my Beaubourg and Keepall (with other accessories) to London, Paris and New York. Carry that Speedy! And get some more LV at the mother-ship. If you are worried about hand sweat, some people wrap their handles with bandeaus to protect against that kind of thing. :yes: Have a great trip!