Should I sell or keep the vintage chanel with tricky condition?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Apr 4, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Hi all,

I have done something stupid to the bag, which I do regret.
    http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/burnt-chanel-anyways-to-cure-884482.html

Basically, it is a 2-sided vintage medium. So with one side being damaged, the other side still has a beautiful condition with puffy leather. I did ask the price for leather restore and it can cost from 300 to 600 USD (of course they will replace the leather).

The thing is I am wondering if it worth selling her as a contribution for the new bag? Or should I keep her as she is still beautiful and the damage would not give me a good price anyways? :crybaby: I can still hide the damage side inside, as I do love the gold plates and everything about the bag.

The good side:
    [​IMG]

The damaged side:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your thought!

2. Hi love.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I would send it to the leather surgeons. As you know from your previous post there's the before and after on the burned Chanel flap.
    I think your bag has sentimental value to you as well. And oh does real gold plating speak to the heart!❤️
    I would send it to them and she will be back in your arms again! Chanel keep raising their prices and £400/600 is definitely worth it! A preloved with gold goes for a lot these days and to be honest, there is that sentimental value.
    I say send it to them! So sorry again, that this happened!
    Keep us posted!!❤️❤️

3. I'll go ahead and have it fixed. You can always sell it afterwards if you get tired of it, but as for now, I don't think you'll get much $$ selling the bag in that condition.
    Good luck with your decision :smile:

4. Definitely send it to Leather Surgeons. Even paying $600 to have it repaired you should still be able to come out on the positive end.

Best of luck!

5. Thank you, ladies :smile: I will try to contact Leather Surgeons and see how it will work out, since I don't live in the US.

I am now in London, and trying to see if they have any specialized place likes Leather Surgeons. Do you think Chanel can fix it? I did ask Chanel in my country, and they said no.

6. LS do work with UK clients. I have asked them about a bag before and they definitely work with across the ocean:smile:
    Chanel will not fix this without a card, and they will say that you might as well get a new bag, Do LS:smile: email them :smile:

7. Yep just emailed them :smile: thank you. Haha one of my concern is shipping a bag away as well.

8. LS works directly with Vintage Heirloom, I think she is based in London. Definitely give her a ring!

9. Oops. I just emailed LS, so let's see what they say :biggrin: Hopefully I will hear from them soon. If not, I will have to really think about sending the bag to the first repair service I asked (in the Philippines).

10. Hopefully LS will be able to restore this beauty! Please keep us posted.

11. Just an update, which I also posted on the refurbish/repair post.

I return from the UK to Thailand, and ended up using local spa services. They repair her by resew a new piece of leather onto her.

Before:
    IMG_4259.jpg

After:
    IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg

The result is great! She becomes beautiful again :smile:

designerloves likes this.