Should i sell my prada bag or keep it?

Thatgirlyyc

Feb 1, 2018
Soo i bought a prada bag in the color cameo about 2 years ago. Ive only used it 10-15 times if anything. Its now sitting in my closet collecting dust. I bought it for 2550 canadian dollars. If i were to consign it, i would sell for 2200 canadian dollar and lose 16%-19% of it, due to consigning fee. Do you think its worth it to sell it, I'd be losing 700-800 dollars. Or just keep it?

Attachments

• 31852E6A-1C41-4D44-8D36-456607CE0341.jpg
    31852E6A-1C41-4D44-8D36-456607CE0341.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 624
Reactions: Mgallows
It looks so functional and practical, and that color could go with so many different outfits - it could easily be the bag to grab when you don't know which other bag to grab to go best with an outfit, don't have time to think of it, or a work bag - one I wouldn't want to be changing out, but rather just leave stuff organized in there. But, if I had loads of other similar options, then it might be nice to just get some money back. I wouldn't worry about the money I would "lose" in a case like this - because it is a sunk cost, you can't get it back anyway - so in that case, it's more rational to not consider it. Just focus on whether you want to regain 2200 or not. That would be just my way of thinking about it.

Soo i bought a prada bag in the color cameo about 2 years ago. Ive only used it 10-15 times if anything. Its now sitting in my closet collecting dust. I bought it for 2550 canadian dollars. If i were to consign it, i would sell for 2200 canadian dollar and lose 16%-19% of it, due to consigning fee. Do you think its worth it to sell it, I'd be losing 700-800 dollars. Or just keep it?
I would say keep! Cammeo is such a great neutral bag. Do you have lots of other neutral bags of similar size in your collection? What's the primary reason that you don't reach for it (e.g. style, weight, size, time)? I think if your heart was never really sure about it to begin with, then sell it. A 15% loss isn't so bad in the grand scheme of things. But if you love looking at it and it makes you smile every time you wear it, even if it's only 7 times a year, then keep it!

Reactions: DZK
It looks so functional and practical, and that color could go with so many different outfits - it could easily be the bag to grab when you don't know which other bag to grab to go best with an outfit, don't have time to think of it, or a work bag - one I wouldn't want to be changing out, but rather just leave stuff organized in there. But, if I had loads of other similar options, then it might be nice to just get some money back. I wouldn't worry about the money I would "lose" in a case like this - because it is a sunk cost, you can't get it back anyway - so in that case, it's more rational to not consider it. Just focus on whether you want to regain 2200 or not. That would be just my way of thinking about it.
What's the name of this bag style?

I say keep it. I was considering selling mine (have the same tote in medium size in color sabbia) but after getting it back from my shoe repair (was ready to sell) I changed my mind ! It's such a classic bag and will not go out of style. Great color that goes with everything.