should I resole?

Aug 14, 2008
Hi, I have bought a pair of old decoltissimo 85s (from 2007) which claimed to be worn twice and don't show much upper wear, but have quite a bit of sole wear. Will putting vibrams on them reduce their value? I am unlikely to wear them very often as the narrow toe fit is challenging. I ordered some vibrams, then found mm7 and am now in two, well three, minds as to what to do! Help please! They are my first pair of Louboutins so I am not at all experienced with them... Thanks so much!

I would suggest posting a pic of the bottom so we can see. I do not think adding vibrams reduces value. I think it is the best way to preserve the life of the shoe. I would buy used vibramed CLs on eBay over worn soles any day

I agree with anniethecat, vibrams extend the life of the shoe and you still have that great CL red!! I love getting CL's that already have the red vibrams, more wear time for me!!! But make sure you get the CL red...the orange and black vibrams are a huge turnoff to me personally!! Good luck and post pics after you get them done!

Hi thanks ladies - here are the soles - does that look like 'worn twice' wear to you? There is a repaired nick in the heel, but the tops are lovely. Does anyone know a good place for resoling in the UK (ideally London or Brighton)? They are definitely authentic, boxed, with receipt from the person I bought them from etc.

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 302
  • photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 312
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 303
Hi thanks ladies - here are the soles - does that look like 'worn twice' wear to you? There is a repaired nick in the heel, but the tops are lovely. Does anyone know a good place for resoling in the UK (ideally London or Brighton)? They are definitely authentic, boxed, with receipt from the person I bought them from etc.

The bottom looks good.. Def not much wear in them.

I would say they are close to the "worn twice". I know that there is an official Christian Louboutin cobbler that just opened in the UK...here's the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/official-louboutin-cobbler-opening-soon-823563.html

They do awesome work and you get the CL vibrams with his siggie like the sole of the shoe, they are a bit more than a regular cobbler but from what you have said it would be worth it for you!

I would say they are close to the "worn twice". I know that there is an official Christian Louboutin cobbler that just opened in the UK...here's the thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/christian-louboutin/official-louboutin-cobbler-opening-soon-823563.html

They do awesome work and you get the CL vibrams with his siggie like the sole of the shoe, they are a bit more than a regular cobbler but from what you have said it would be worth it for you!

Oh you are amazing thank you so much! I will check this out. They seemed very worn to me, but then I looked at the red sole and it is almost just a veneer. when I get my first ' totally new' pair I will definitely never wear them out of the house! :smile: