Should I keep or return???

Keep or return??

• Total voters
when Im planning to buy new B bags , the thoughts of 'resell' value never cross my mind coz i never wanna sell them off. ive sold many other brands i owned, i.e Prada , Dior, LV, you name it , but never my B bags! Theyre precious to me especailly the ones with rare colors ( that are hard to get now) ...
I might have felt this way about my B bags coz I love them more than the other brands, so if you dont feel the same way then maybe you should not buy B bags in the 1st place.
for me : buy bags that you love, not bcoz others love to look at them on you. :P

When I buy bags, I don't think about resell either. It just happened that I read a post about the resell value of B bags and that got me thinking. I have never sold any of my bags, not 1. When I buy a designer bag, I think of it as an investment. . DH thinks I'm bad at investing.

I guest I was just feeling guilty for spending so much in such a short amount of time. Thank you for your input.

When I buy bags, I don't think about resell either. It just happened that I read a post about the resell value of B bags and that got me thinking. I have never sold any of my bags, not 1. When I buy a designer bag, I think of it as an investment. . DH thinks I'm bad at investing.

I guest I was just feeling guilty for spending so much in such a short amount of time. Thank you for your input.
I think resale price is not a bad thing to consider if you are buying a bag you're unsure you really want and want the option to resell at a descent price. But it seems cars and luxury bags are the same bought new, half the value (slight exaggeration but I think most know what I mean :smile: ) is gone as soon as you step out the boutique /car dealer door. Unless you're stepping out of Hermès.

So in that sense your husband (and mine : ) is right, designer bags are quite a bad investment. Unless you think of it as an investment in style, spark joy, beauty, practicality, ego/self-confidence boost etc etc. Then the dividends are manifold :biggrin: But for this to work you have to really love the bag you buy, of course.

Reactions: MidNiteSun
I think resale price is not a bad thing to consider if you are buying a bag you're unsure you really want and want the option to resell at a descent price. But it seems cars and luxury bags are the same bought new, half the value (slight exaggeration but I think most know what I mean :smile: ) is gone as soon as you step out the boutique /car dealer door. Unless you're stepping out of Hermès.

So in that sense your husband (and mine : ) is right, designer bags are quite a bad investment. Unless you think of it as an investment in style, spark joy, beauty, practicality, ego/self-confidence boost etc etc. Then the dividends are manifold :biggrin: But for this to work you have to really love the bag you buy, of course.

You are so right. I see it as an investment in style and my life in general. After all, we only live once. Plus we don't have any kids so it's not like I'm saving for my kids. You know? We do have savings but I just don't go crazy on savings and not living and enjoying live.

View attachment 3734970
so I did quite a bit buyings this month. Went on a 2-week vacation in Hawaii and bought a couple LV bags. Then picked up my Birkin 35 that I waited soooo long for.

Then my SA emailed me about some bags and I bought this blue crocodile embossed Bal City bag. Now I can't decide if I should keep or return it. I keep hearing that Bal bags aren't holding up their values. Some people can't even sell them and some 2nd stores don't even want to buy them.

So should I return or keep it? It was around $2,200 but got it for almost $1,000. Please help me decide. TIA!!!
Oh my... What an awesome deal!!! It's so gorgeous though, but only keep if you love it and will use it! If I love a bag and knowing I will enjoy using it alot then I wouldn't care much about the resell value!

Reactions: MidNiteSun
My theory is "if you need to ask other people, your heart is saying you don't actually want it." If you think you will buy it in full price, keep it. Otherwise it tends to be sitting in a closet. My husband is a hoarder. This is a mantra I keep telling him.:P

Keep it. Its not the "usual" type of bbag you see around and its eye catching. And for that price, let me tell you how I wish I came across this bag instead of spending more on the regular bbag I bought!

Reactions: Mamahailee