should I keep it? or Should I send it back?

Juda

O.G.
Apr 23, 2009
It is a 3 part thread: a reveal + info about the handbag + advice

DH surprised with a beautiful Gucci gift - (Indy in Python ?)

I would appreciate more info about this handbag (price? discontinued? name?)

I was under the impression that it has been discontinued especially when I couldn't find the handbag on Gucci website

When I called the Gucci boutique they told me that "Indy" hasn't been discontinued they only changed the name.
The SA even told me that they received it in the new collection

But I only trust the lovely members of tPF ;)
what do you think all Gucci experts?
Should I keep it? Or does it look outdated in your Gucci expert eyes? :nuts:

Attachments

• Indy.jpg
    Indy.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 198
Well - from here it looks :ps: and it's true, not everything that Gucci does for any season goes on-line

No idea about the price but Indys are not cheap and pyhtons ...off the scale $2.5 -3.5 whatever, Gucci just prob think up a number and double it LOL

The first time my BF gave me a Gucci bag I wasn't sure about it, but because he went to all that trouble and chose it himself I went with it and now I think I was thinking about what other people would think about me wearing that bag as it wasn't my normal style (almost too cute) but I was surprised how many things that bag 'spiced-up' outfits. I'm glad I didn't exchange it.

The selection my BF gave me a Christmas were far more to my liking so encouraging him was a wiser choice than rejecting his first attempt :amuse:

I have not seen this bag IRL, it looks amazing, why don't you 'feel' it?

I love indys and I love python...an amazing bag....can't tell you on tpf what I would do if my boyfriend bought this bag for me!!! The color is a little drab in my opinion but still a gorgeous pick. If it was a different color would you feel the same or are you just not feeling the style too much?

I really agree with Papertiger in all points. Gucci bags like these tend to go for quite so money. Even if it is not the bag of your dreams he placed alot of thought into this bag and he really has good taste...

If you keep it and encourage his taste in Brands and show him your personal taste slowly he will get you items you like and more often..

On the other hand you can return it and take the cash for a bag you want...LOL

are you kidding? Indy? Phyton? Together? heaven! Plus the DH bought it for you. I would probably keep it even if I do not like it, because DH gave it. But I love it! LOL

I really agree with Papertiger in all points. Gucci bags like these tend to go for quite so money. Even if it is not the bag of your dreams he placed alot of thought into this bag and he really has good taste...

If you keep it and encourage his taste in Brands and show him your personal taste slowly he will get you items you like and more often..

On the other hand you can return it and take the cash for a bag you want...LOL

This is a good suggestion. For a while I would end up getting rid of things DH gave me. However I learned if I do that he gives me nothing.

Thank you all for posting and your advice.
I decided to send it back, It is beautiful but it didn't work for me.

DH doesn't mind that I returned it, he is even a little happy
If I kept it, it means that he will have to figure out what to get me every time :nuts: (without hints).
Apparently, it is very difficult - men ;)

if i remember correctly the python ones were in $3000 range, mine was the black and gold coated fabric and it was $2650

Well - from here it looks :ps: and it's true, not everything that Gucci does for any season goes on-line

No idea about the price but Indys are not cheap and pyhtons ...off the scale $2.5 -3.5 whatever, Gucci just prob think up a number and double it LOL

The first time my BF gave me a Gucci bag I wasn't sure about it, but because he went to all that trouble and chose it himself I went with it and now I think I was thinking about what other people would think about me wearing that bag as it wasn't my normal style (almost too cute) but I was surprised how many things that bag 'spiced-up' outfits. I'm glad I didn't exchange it.

The selection my BF gave me a Christmas were far more to my liking so encouraging him was a wiser choice than rejecting his first attempt :amuse:

I have not seen this bag IRL, it looks amazing, why don't you 'feel' it?