Should I go for this took?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
I emailed Steve at the cabazon outlet, and he has several tooks, and that's what I'm really wanting , he had one gbag but I could wait for others to come in, but I'm still dying to get the took.
I feel like if I don't do it soon, I'm not going to get it. It's either on sale for $505 or $570

he hasn't let me know which color is which price yet , but I'm loving this brown in the front:

image010.jpg

what would you do? would you go for it?

thanks

I'm not a fan of gold hardware myself, but if you like it, it's not a bad price. I don't know how old the tooks are, but there don't seem to be a lot around for sale anymore... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I emailed Steve at the cabazon outlet, and he has several tooks, and that's what I'm really wanting , he had one gbag but I could wait for others to come in, but I'm still dying to get the took.
I feel like if I don't do it soon, I'm not going to get it. It's either on sale for $505 or $570

he hasn't let me know which color is which price yet , but I'm loving this brown in the front:

image010.jpg

what would you do? would you go for it?

thanks

klb, do you love it? And are you sure it has the dimensions you're looking for? You might want to ask Steve to measure it and/or send a shot of someone wearing the bag––just to be sure it's exactly what you want. And you might also want to ask if the brown shade is as it appears in the photo. (Can you tell how careful I am w/final-sale items?!) I did notice that the style of this bag is a bit different from the single-strap hobo style you originally mentioned. Am not at all trying to discourage you; just wanted to toss in a few comments from someone who has been shopping the outlets for a while. Good luck! And be sure to keep us posted.

swan, after I posted the thread, I really started thinking, " do I really really want this bag or am I just settling because the ones I'm really wanting I have to wait for?", then I realized I'm hurrying the whole process too much just because I have the " I want one now" attitude, and the way SA's and others always advise you to hurry hurry hurry because they're going so fast, made me thinking if I didn't do it now, I wouldnt get one and be happy ever. Yes, I also know it didn't have the original strap and look I wanted, and I think I tried to settle for something again, you know?
Also, in this case I would have been charging it when I really don't have the money or all of it at the moment, I really really adore the gbag easy sacca grande and he said he would let me know when/if they ever got any. So for now, I told him I'm passing up the tooks and for me, I'm happy with waiting and saving till I can make a purchase that's not so hurried and one that I'm sure of.
Thanks for the advice, just by reading what you were saying about the questions and dimensions, and yes, it's really good you're that careful, it's the smartest thing to do!
I would have hurried into something and I'm sure not have been happy.
So thanks, both of you.
Have you ever had that obsession with a bag that comes on so quick where you feel like you've got to get it or else you'll just die?
not good, lol not good

I don't know if this is helpful or not....I had the Took in the color that you posted. I absolutely LOVE this bag. I was able to keep the items that I needed to have access to in those front pockets. The hardware on the front can be noisy if they are not fastened, so I always made sure everything was closed. The color is like a milk chocolate color in real life. I sold it because I have another bag in a darker brown that was more versatile with my wardrobe and I had the need to raise some funds quickly. I'd buy this one again if I had the cash to cover it.

Also not helpful-I really love that raspberry G bag in that photo you posted!

I was looking at that same Took bag in the brown last time I was at the outlet. It's a nice rich brown. I was tempted but I already have three brown bags that I'm not using enough. I like the style though and it does fit over the shoulder.

thanks! and I've kind of decided to pass that one up, because I'm waiting and saving in hopes that I can find a gbag like the one above! it doesnt have to be that color, but I'm gonna hope some like that go to the outlets, or maybe one will show up somewhere and maybe I can get my hands on it. Thanks and I LOVE the color too. I also have a bag to sell now, so that I have the money to get one if I can find one.

thanks everyone though!

klb, I think we all recognize what you mean by bag obsession. I know I've certainly felt it––esp. w/TOD'S! I think this is one of the G-bag S/S 2010 colors––very similar to one of last year's colors.

Attachments

• image020.jpg
    image020.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 67
I had an Expresso T-bag with the gold hardware, I LOVED the expresso and the leather but could not take to the gold hardware... sold it..., same with my Smoke Pashmy Messenger, hardware was just to strong.

Focus on the G-bag which is the bag you really want!