should i go for it?

^ not at all! i went to school in upstate ny where i didn't have access to any of the things i wanted to buy. it's a great idea to order things to compare, try on, etc. the marc jacobs stores have terrible return policies though. you can only exchange or return to receive store credit. that's why i always prefer to buy through department stores for my mj stuff if i'm not sure that i'm going to love something. bloomingdales doesn't have the bag in yet, so my only option right now if i want the bordeaux bag is to buy directly from them. i know it's going to be super crowded on sunday plus the store is teeny tiny, so it's not going to be the most pleasant experience. they'd better give me a box this time.

i went to the bleecker street store to look at the bag yesterday afternoon. i was hoping (praying!) that i wouldn't like it, so i could save myself some money. the sa brought it out from the back, and the minute he took it out of the dustbag, i pulled out my wallet in defeat.

the pictures do not do it any justice. the bag is even more gorgeous irl. the leather is soft and fragrant. i even prefer the color of this bag over my bordeaux stam. i love the details that have been put into this bag: the ruching, the studs on the handles, the metal hang tag, and there's even a key ring attached to the inside! the only thing i was disappointed in was the lining. i thought it was going to be wool herringbone fabric, but it was cotton with a herringbone printed pattern. that's just me being picky though. the bag is still very roomy with compartments for a cell phone, mp3 player, and a inner zipper pocket.

i know it is expensive for a mbmj bag, but the quality is on par with some of the mj collection bags that i currently own and it was worth every cent.

in other news, i also get to see the large pleated tote bag. it is HUGE. i don't see how this could be practical for everyday use. it gives new meaning to "oversized bag." i am 5'4 and if i cut a hole in it, i could wear it as a short dress. seriously. i guess that's why it costs $698...