Should I get this bag? Chanel pvc flap(coco splash)

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
Hi ladies
I can’t decide if I should Get this bag. Its coming on Thursday in Canada. I had asked my sa to put one on hold for me but I’m not too sure if I should get it. I love the bag and it’s cute. Not that into trendy things but I really like this color combo. I haven’t seen other brands make something with a colored PVC yet.
But once again, it’s plastic and it’s a trend. Should I get it? Anyone who had purchased or are interested in this bag, I’d appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!

Attachments

• E52BA380-21C2-4243-99B3-293C90B7318F.jpeg
    E52BA380-21C2-4243-99B3-293C90B7318F.jpeg
    617.6 KB · Views: 2,844
Reactions: Dextersmom
I also like the color combo but would not get it due to how dated it would look once this trend is over. I think Chanel (or another designer) did a pvc back in the 90s or early 2000s and I remember how dated those pieces looked just two years later. Also, I think the pvc bags only look cute when empty, it’s difficult to keep the cool look once your non-color coordinated things go inside. But then again, my aesthetic is more timeless / classic so my perspective may not apply to you!!

Same reasons cited above made me hesitate. I remember how dated it felt after the initial hype when it was “in” and then it was considered dated or cheap for a very long time. Sorry I’m not trying to make you feel bad about it but I know what it’s like making a decision on a pricey purchase and I do think that if you truly love it you should go in eyes wide open and if it’s true love you’d not care while knowing all the potential implications and considerations :yes:

Reactions: Mousy and Missbing
A few years ago, I bought a plastic Kate Spade summer tote. It was a fun bag but not so useful because I always felt stressed about the transparency and lack of privacy of a clear bag. It was guilt free to donate since it was not so expensive. based on that experience, I wouldn’t slap down 4K for this bag.
But, everyone is different. If it truly brings you joy, go for it.

Hi ladies
I can’t decide if I should Get this bag. Its coming on Thursday in Canada. I had asked my sa to put one on hold for me but I’m not too sure if I should get it. I love the bag and it’s cute. Not that into trendy things but I really like this color combo. I haven’t seen other brands make something with a colored PVC yet.
But once again, it’s plastic and it’s a trend. Should I get it? Anyone who had purchased or are interested in this bag, I’d appreciate your thoughts. Thank you!
I wouldn't get it.

Hi ladies
I wouldn't.

Reactions: MahaM
I have already seen on this forum that there is a buyer for almost anything. If for some reason you want it and have 4k to spare, go for it. I think this trend could be achieved with a $25 contemporary-designer bag and no regrets in 5 months when it is passe.

Reactions: designerloves
hard pass for me!! That’s a whole lot of money down the drain! But to each their own. If you don’t mind dropping that kind of money on glorified plastic with a CC on it, by all means but to be honest I wouldn’t spend my hard earned money on this!! I’d get a classic leather bag instead [emoji7]

Reactions: OCMomof3