Should I get a Chanel boy?

bagness

O.G.
Jan 21, 2014
Hello everyone!
This year, I have purchased two Chanel classic flaps, one is black with GHW, in the jumbo size in caviar leather and the other is beige with GHW, in the m/l size in lambskin. I promised myself not to make anymore Chanel bag purchases after those two (because of the steep price increase in May AND I really should focus on other things in life). Anyway...recently I have been thinking that maybeeee I should purchase a chanel boy bag because I have taken a liking to wearing more jeans,flats and t-shirts (compared to heels and dresses).
Do you think i should buy a new chanel boy? would the jumbo be too weird to be worn with jeans, flats and t-shirts? is there another brand/style you'd recommend?

Thankyou!~

The flap isn't weird at all with jeans. I've worn both the Boy and the flap with casual clothing. It's all about what you want to do. Is there a specific style or color you're looking for?

I personally think that you can wear the classic jumbo or m/l with any outfits, particularly with casual clothing like jeans. It looks great for any occasion. Jumbo might be too big for an evening formal occasion but I have seen people tucking in the strap and use it as a big clutch, looks good too!! The boy bag gives you a slightly different style which can be dressed up or down, more suited for casual. So it's really up to the variety you would like to have. I would get a boy since I love how it has a more casual feel to it and it's also lighter to carry. But I love love my classics and would wear them anytime! Even in trackies 😝 good luck in deciding!

I would add a Boy (at least one) into the collection. Get it and enjoy it.

I agree! If you already own at least a classic flap, then definitely go for the boy before all the prices increase. The boy is different from the classic flap. It looks more casual so you can wear it everyday with any outfits. Also, you can wear it comfortably crossbody. Good luck deciding!

Last edited:
hi everyone i'm curretly thinking about buying a chanel boy but can't choose which one RedGHW or black GHW in middle sizes. it would be my first chanel so i want to make the right choice. it's such a hard decision. any ideas would help. thanks

I love boy bags and they are so versatile. If you have the funds get one before price increase!

My suggestion would be black silver hardwear (as your other two are gold hardwear and silver is more funky/casual with jeans and flats) or go for a color that you dont have. Grey, brown, red..

Dont forget there are two medium sizes to chose from. Old medium and new medium. Both are amazing!

Both of them are great. I personally don't feel you absolutely need to start with black Chanel. If you find a right shade of red, I'd say go with the red!
Red is different every season!

hi everyone i'm curretly thinking about buying a chanel boy but can't choose which one RedGHW or black GHW in middle sizes. it would be my first chanel so i want to make the right choice. it's such a hard decision. any ideas would help. thanks

Well said!

I just don't think you can find a black at old price at this point

Classic can be worn casually as well. But getting a boy just throws a curveball into the mix.

I love boy bags and they are so versatile. If you have the funds get one before price increase!

My suggestion would be black silver hardwear (as your other two are gold hardwear and silver is more funky/casual with jeans and flats) or go for a color that you dont have. Grey, brown, red..

Dont forget there are two medium sizes to chose from. Old medium and new medium. Both are amazing!