Should i buy this beautiful damaged baag? Can it be saved??

Feb 1, 2013
Hi guys im in desperate need of some help! Ive found a pre-loved Anya Hindmarch calf hair bag on sale, he calf hair on the back of the bag is badly worn but the front is perfect!! and the SA said she would take the frice down to just £90!!!! So my question is should i purchase this bag and can it be "smoothed down" on the back?? I only have till the 22nd to make a decision please help x

well it wasnt a bag that was on my wish list or anything but i saw it and throught how beautiful it was and such a good price. Oh really :sad: ive tried to google how to repair but nothing seems to be coming up. So you dont think it would be able to be fixed? thanks:smile:

The calf hair falls off over time as it rubs against your clothes. So you just need to be careful. There is no way to repair the rubbed off calf hair.

The calf hair falls off over time as it rubs against your clothes. So you just need to be careful. There is no way to repair the rubbed off calf hair.

Thankyou alliemia, do yoiu knwo if it would be possible to "smooth down" the rest of the calf hair? i was thinking i could add a leather pannel to the back?
am i mad? lol

my suggestion would probably be to pass it up IF things like that irk you. I know for me, when a bag isn't just right and a flaw is noticeable to me and playing on my nerves, I will never get over it and I'll just need to buy another bag to fill the void that was left by the one that was damaged in some way. There are some ways to fix certain bags so that they can be enjoyed like new again but I don't see how the calf hair would be put back in or be made to look like it's there.

Just my two cents.

As you're drawn to the bag - and for that low price i'd buy it.

The worn areas on the back aren't going to be noticed when she's carried so it does come down to the value for money factor - for that price you could use the bag to death and have had high value for money .... you could always take her to a leather craftsman and see if your idea of a piece of leather being placed over it would be possible.

As you're drawn to the bag - and for that low price i'd buy it.

The worn areas on the back aren't going to be noticed when she's carried so it does come down to the value for money factor - for that price you could use the bag to death and have had high value for money .... you could always take her to a leather craftsman and see if your idea of a piece of leather being placed over it would be possible.

Thank you :smile: i've spoken to a local handbag repair company and he thinks there may be something we can do for her!! Yey!! I think im going to bite the bullet and get her, ill keep you all posted on her progress and transformation!

It's a very risky decision to buy a secondhand bag unless if its slightly used or perhaps it still looks brandnew inside and out. For a branded bag we will definitely spend a thousands for its name and durability... But it will always be ur call:smile: in my opinion, its nice to have a new and no worry purse... Stress free i guess :smile:

I have plenty of calf hair items. I have one Gucci jacket from 1996!!! It's still perfect. I have another calf-hair Gucci jacket from 2009 and a very expensive calf-har and croc Gucci bag from 2010. I even have an old jacket (2002) that's calf hair (bought new and very expensive). It was deliberately aged and balded to look worn and patched in places. It's a look ;).

There are plenty of styles that are one thing on the front and different on the reverse.

You can't put back the hair but you could make the back plain leather and just have the front furry.

I have plenty of calf hair items. I have one Gucci jacket from 1996!!! It's still perfect. I have another calf-hair Gucci jacket from 2009 and a very expensive calf-har and croc Gucci bag from 2010. I even have an old jacket (2002) that's calf hair (bought new and very expensive). It was deliberately aged and balded to look worn and patched in places. It's a look ;).

There are plenty of styles that are one thing on the front and different on the reverse.

You can't put back the hair but you could make the back plain leather and just have the front furry.

Thank you, i am hoping to place a leather pannel over the back or dye the balding patches you have a wonderful sounding collection