Should I buy signature confirmation

Aug 22, 2010
I listed a wallet for sale tonight new with tags and it already sold. The buyer is new to eBay. Literally opened an account the 15th. I'm not opposed to selling to a newbie everyone starts somewhere. Anywho the PayPal was confirmed total sale price was $245.70. But I'm thinking since they're a newbie and the price is close to 250 should I get sig con?

You don't need it for seller protection but if you want to pay for it, you certainly may.

Is her shipping address confirmed? (On the paypal details page, in the upper right, does it show "eligible" for seller protection? If so, you're protected as long as you ship to the address on the paypal payment and d.c. shows delivery.

I would say yes since it is not that expensive. But, if you don't, you should definitely buy insurance for your protection - especially during the holidays.

I would.... there have been several posts where items haven't been delivered to the
right address with just dc ....for just a few extra cents to me it makes sense that your buyer will
receive her item... would let her know you are shipping it that way so she will be
available to sign for it... why take a chance? better to be safe than sorry... are you
shipping to a confirmed pp address? and you should insure it as well since its pretty
close to the $250.00

If you insure it, they will have to sign for it anyway. It is not the SC for PayPal but you still have that added protection. Thing is insurance is rather costly. SC is cheaper.

The signature with insurance is not viewable on line, that close to $250, I wouldn't take the chance. Buy it, it is cheap extra insurance for you, it doesn't matter for the buyer, but better safe than sorry for you.