Should I buy it?

Sisqo09

Feb 14, 2013
My first thread :biggrin:

Thanks to tPF i bought my first Vintage Chanel mini flap (rectangular) even tho I havent used it yet (cuz the weather is **** in Norway), i still love it so much. I take it out everyday, look at it, and put it back just dreaming about the times I will use it.

Im now planning on buying another Chanel bag, Jumbo in Lambskin. I know people say its fragile, Im not planning on using it everyday. Since Im a student I have to buy Vintage ( its from 2011, maybe not vintage, just used?). $ 2900 is a lot to many people (especially me). Money is not the issue because I have saved up for it. What my problem is, that I cant somehow justify using $ 2900 on a bag. I mean i know its Chanel and its luxurious and all.. And I did pay $2300 for my mini (they dont sell it Norway and won it in a auction. Didnt read the small paragraph saying I had to bay 20% extra as tax) but 2900 is still a lot of money. I am reassuring myself by thinking that I can sell it later, but i want to hear other peoples opinion.

So I was just wondering if people could give me reasons to buy Chanel, i really want the Jumbo but somehow I have to tell my self its ok to buy it. Is it?

Or should I sell my mini for buy the Jumbo? Cuz that thought has crossed my mind.

CHANEL bags are both CLASSY and CLASSIC. They hold their value fairly well. However, I'm not sure you'll really ever want to get rid of it after you have it. They can be dressed up or down if they are the right color/style, and they always are a "head turned." I own 2 Chanel's...a black gst and a reissue classic flap. I hardly EVER use my flap because it was one of my HG bags and it still makes me nervous--but I don't think I'll ever sell it because its such an amazing bag!!! It's my "special occasion" bag. That being said, I do know that CHANEL holds value and its better to get it sooner than later since their prices are always increasing. The price is an initial shock, but after that, the bag is yours for years and years!!! Good luck with your decision!

It sounds like you are really unsure about this purchase. Personally I would wait and try using the mini flap you already have before buying another Chanel. No point in having all these delicate purses in boxes collecting dust.

To be honest, I am really unsecure about buying the bag. I know I will use my Chanel (but just not in this weather). The reason why I am so unsure about buying the Jumbo is because of the price. I mean I am willing to pay for a Chanel, but somehow 2900 just seems a lot. But I dont want to make the mistake of not buying the bag and regret it later!

To be honest, I am really unsecure about buying the bag. I know I will use my Chanel (but just not in this weather). The reason why I am so unsure about buying the Jumbo is because of the price. I mean I am willing to pay for a Chanel, but somehow 2900 just seems a lot. But I dont want to make the mistake of not buying the bag and regret it later!

It is a lot of money and I would say since you are still a student to hold off on this purchase. There will always be Chanel jumbos floating around and maybe you might feel differently once you graduate. There's no rush. :smile:

Sisqo09 said:
My first thread :biggrin:

Thanks to tPF i bought my first Vintage Chanel mini flap (rectangular) even tho I havent used it yet (cuz the weather is **** in Norway), i still love it so much. I take it out everyday, look at it, and put it back just dreaming about the times I will use it.

Im now planning on buying another Chanel bag, Jumbo in Lambskin. I know people say its fragile, Im not planning on using it everyday. Since Im a student I have to buy Vintage ( its from 2011, maybe not vintage, just used?). $ 2900 is a lot to many people (especially me). Money is not the issue because I have saved up for it. What my problem is, that I cant somehow justify using $ 2900 on a bag. I mean i know its Chanel and its luxurious and all.. And I did pay $2300 for my mini (they dont sell it Norway and won it in a auction. Didnt read the small paragraph saying I had to bay 20% extra as tax) but 2900 is still a lot of money. I am reassuring myself by thinking that I can sell it later, but i want to hear other peoples opinion.

So I was just wondering if people could give me reasons to buy Chanel, i really want the Jumbo but somehow I have to tell my self its ok to buy it. Is it?

Or should I sell my mini for buy the Jumbo? Cuz that thought has crossed my mind.

You just said that money is not an issue....so buy it. If it was me I would buy it if I have the money... meaning im not sacrificing anything else at the moment just to get it.

I would say if you have the money saved I would def buy it, she is right they do hold their value and like me I needed money real fast for a personal issue and my chanel saved me lol sold it and later bought another one.

You just said that money is not an issue....so buy it. If it was me I would buy it if I have the money... meaning im not sacrificing anything else at the moment just to get it.

Exactly what I was thinking! If money is not an issue, then it shouldn't be too hard to decide if you love the purse or not. Yes, $2900 is no small sum but if you love the purse and can justify it, go for it! However, $2900 is, in my very honest opinion, a lot of money to put towards vintage or preloved handbags. You have to be sure it is in MINT condition otherwise you will end up with buyers remorse.

As to the other matter, to put it bluntly, Chanel is a luxury brand, hence the hefty price tag. But I think the purses are timeless and totally worth it!

Last edited:
I am new to the forum and probably would have done the same thing and just purchased it. Chanel retains its value if cared for properly and I am on the hunt for my Jumbo XL flap bag in lambskin. Enjoy!