Should I buy a Mahina, Empreinte or two/three less expensive LV's?

I have to tell you to skip the other bags and get the Mahina and Empreinte instead. I don't believe in starting with "the basics". To me, a personal collection means a select group of special pieces. Not an inventory of every style. When I started building my collection, I told myself to start with the "basics" and work my way up. 3 months later I sold almost everything to buy things like Empreinte and Mahina instead. I didn't even want to keep the other bags anymore, I just preferred to have 3-5 really gorgeous pieces rather than 10 bags I just liked. I still kept some of the staple bags, but I think you should buy what you absolutely love first. If you're completely in love with a Mahina or Empreinte bag right now, but are only debating it because you can get 4 other things instead...I would skip them and go straight for the Mahina and/or Empreinte.

It's always better to spread the love lol a speedy in any canvas is a must have IMO and also a shoulder bag..maybe the delightful or a neverfull?? and how about a wallet instead of a third bag?? :smile:

I think both options are wonderful, and you will probably decide in store when you see/feel them all. (oh and smell.... Mahina smells delicious)

If the Mahina or Empriente make you weak at the knees then get it. If not, those other choices are all great too. Let your heart lead you and you can't go wrong :love:

I also remember you were unsure with the Speedy sizes? Let me tell you I compared them on me (Size 16/18) last night and boy did I prefer the bigger ones, didn't look luggage-ish at all!

Good luck with your shopping, have loads of fun and make sure you tell us all straight away!

Personally i think you should start off with something classic and those starters range. Eg. speedies or NF or delightful??

Cos to me you have to try and experience buying LV bags and slowly get those with higher price tags, some people might not like LV only after they have tried using them. :P

I completely agree with In LVoe. The Empreiente line looks divine and you won't have to worry about vachatta on the leather. I think it's better to have a few select pieces rather than a bunch of "basics". It's just more unique to me. You can't go wrong either way. Good luck!

I have to tell you to skip the other bags and get the Mahina and Empreinte instead. I don't believe in starting with "the basics". To me, a personal collection means a select group of special pieces. Not an inventory of every style. When I started building my collection, I told myself to start with the "basics" and work my way up. 3 months later I sold almost everything to buy things like Empreinte and Mahina instead. I didn't even want to keep the other bags anymore, I just preferred to have 3-5 really gorgeous pieces rather than 10 bags I just liked. I still kept some of the staple bags, but I think you should buy what you absolutely love first. If you're completely in love with a Mahina or Empreinte bag right now, but are only debating it because you can get 4 other things instead...I would skip them and go straight for the Mahina and/or Empreinte.

I love reading all your posts... Always classy and to the point. I feel the same way.

I would go for the Mahina if that's what you always wanted! Don't settle for two or three less expensive just for the sake of buying.

I totally agree....go for the Mahina! I have several and Im a mid-aged woman...I love that I dont have to worry about the vachetta like on the other bags. If you can afford the Mahina get it and if you want a speedy 35 damier later...youll be able to get it as its not so expensive....My vote is for MAHINA!!

I would also get the Mahina bag first.

I’m fairly new to LV. I started by browsing their website and researching on the internet (“oooh, what’s this “Purse Forum” about? :thinking:) to find whether there was a style that caught my eye. I narrowed it down to the Bowling Montaigne in Rubis epi that looked beautiful online, but was far too bulky when I tried it on in the store. Undeterred, I wandered around the store to see if anything else “spoke” to me and lo and behold – MAHINA! :yahoo:

I tried on the L and Lunar (both in poudre) and decided to “think about it”. Of course, I came back in a week and it has sold out! So I’ve been waiting ever since for it to come back. Oddly enough, the L in poudre is back in stock and I thought it was more in demand!

So yeah, Mahina would have been my first ever LV, but I bought an Azur Neverfull MM as a “consolation” to tide me over til my beloved Lunar makes a comeback! Not that I don’t appreciate the “cheaper” bag though - I luuuuuuuurve the Neverfull – such a pretty colour! :love:

Decisions, decisions! I really appreciate all the advice from everyone here. I see both sides of the situation and I think it will really come down to how I feel about the Empreinte Artsy and the Mahina in person. If either of them is TDF in person and look good on me then I will go with one of them and get the other bags next year for Christmas, Birthday, etc. If I am not bowled over by one of those bags then I am coming home with a couple of bags and a wallet probably! Can't wait for my first reveal!!!