Should I buy a latte mattie now? Or wait for my true love?

faithyfelicis

Jul 27, 2009
hello, minkettes!

as my signature states, i am in love with the glazed almond mattie. i have always loved and yearned and searched for a bag in that color, but i never found one that fit my liking... until i saw the mattie.

i've only more recently discovered RM bags after traveling pretty vigorously for over a year and not having much concern for good bags for fear that they would ultimately be ruined. (i'm studying to be an archaeologist and excavation sites would not be the place for a quality leather bag.)

so... hence forth is my dilemma. i love the glazed almond, but i'm afraid even if someone were to put one up on ebay, my chances of grabbing one are probably slim. so, i do like the latte color because i like that color also, and i could buy one from shopdressonline before it becomes extinct, too.

help!

If you also like latte, you should get it then maybe sell it later when you find your HG GA. If you like the glazed leathers, you may also consider Burgundy, which is close to Glazed Espresso. It's gorgeous!

I am a latte lover so I say go for it! I love the glazed almond leather but I like the color of the latte better. It has a bit less orange in it. I also really like the latte leather so I say go for the LATTE!!

I had a glazed almond matinee awhile ago and sold it. I didn't like the color and I didn't like the leather. It was too orange and it was too glazed for me (I feel the same way about the glazed espresso). I prefer leather with more smoosh factor and the latte looks like its very, very smooshy.

Sometimes I wonder if these discontinued colors are looked upon with such reverence solely because they are hard to find now.

well, i like the color of the almond- i'm all about reddy browns, but i agree with the glazed part. i don't like anything too shiny, especially patent, but the glaze didn't seem too awful in some of the pictures i saw here.

oh no! i'm not sure if sdo has it in... when i go to order the latte it says 'in stock,' but their yahoo checkout has a little box that says 'requested quantity not available.'

i took a screen shot... anyone ever shopped with them and seen this?

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 65
I had a Latte Mattie and absolutely :heart:'d her. She definitely has the most amazing RM leather ever...extremely soft & delicious--probably the best RM leather that I've ever come across..... I say go for it...you won't regret it.

oh no! i'm not sure if sdo has it in... when i go to order the latte it says 'in stock,' but their yahoo checkout has a little box that says 'requested quantity not available.'

i took a screen shot... anyone ever shopped with them and seen this?

Is it possible you accidentally hit "add to cart" twice? That might've caused SDO's checkout system to think you were requesting 2 bags, not 1, hence the error message. When an error message like that occurs, the quantity in the cart is usually reverted to the maximum that SDO has left in stock, which in this case is 1. As you've discovered since you were able to check out as well, that means that this was the last one in stock. Congrats on being able to get it!