Should I be afraid of the Pochette Metis?

Sep 17, 2009
So I absolutely LOVE the reverse monogram Pochette Metis, but all the quality issues have me really scared.... especially when you read on here that some are experiencing cracking after 8 months and LV refuse to allow exchange...
Is it a founded fear? My SA said something about them “having fixed the issue”.... but I’m not so sure if that’s true?

Reactions: Dtrivi89
So I absolutely LOVE the reverse monogram Pochette Metis, but all the quality issues have me really scared.... especially when you read on here that some are experiencing cracking after 8 months and LV refuse to allow exchange...
Is it a founded fear? My SA said something about them “having fixed the issue”.... but I’m not so sure if that’s true?
I’ve been wondering the EXACT same thing!

I really don’t want another bag with issues LOL

It is a design issue. Unless they change the design, there is a chance any pochette metis you buy will have problems. The leather one won’t have cracked canvas obviously, but the glazing won’t last forever with the constant bending and unbending of the flap opening.

It is a design issue. Unless they change the design, there is a chance any pochette metis you buy will have problems. The leather one won’t have cracked canvas obviously, but the glazing won’t last forever with the constant bending and unbending of the flap opening.

That's why I'm getting the Speedy b25.
The pochette metis is on my wish list but it's like buying an already defective bag and tbh, I care for my bags to last a life time but its hard to care for bags that breaks down on its own.

Sure, you've all heard sunshine stories about PM's lasting a year or two but the glazing issue will happen sooner or later like you stated above (Sorry for sounding so god damn pessimistic >.< but this bag has given me headaches).

Which of the issues have they fixed? because there a lot of issues...

Lol true... she was referring to the glazing issue

You know what happygirl78... Do whatever your heart desires. If you think this bag will make you happy then go for it.

If you love and care for the bag you wouldn't have a problem having it reglazed. If it cracks then you could probably get store credit or other option.
If the lock is misaligned, you could return it and choose another bag.

If you have the patience for all of those issues (and more) then go for it. We will have your back!

You know what happygirl78... Do whatever your heart desires. If you think this bag will make you happy then go for it.

If you love and care for the bag you wouldn't have a problem having it reglazed. If it cracks then you could probably get store credit or other option.
If the lock is misaligned, you could return it and choose another bag.

If you have the patience for all of those issues (and more) then go for it. We will have your back!
You are so right.... now if that is what I want I just need to find one lol.... which is easier said than done!!!

Reactions: Hotsauna