Should I ask for an exchange - leather peeling on tag

ducky112

I heart the bean
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
Hello all!

I want to consult with you guys if this is something I should go back to the store for. I bought this pallas clutch about 2 weeks ago and used it maybe 4-5 times so far. Today I noticed this peeling on the tag inside. I use a Victorine wallet and my 6 ring key holder and have some papers and a chapstick. I don't stuff it so it's not like the tag is constantly rubbing against something. It's a small peel but should this happen in 2 weeks within using it 4-5 times? Do you think I'm too petty to ask for an exchange? The pallas clutch is pricey in my opinion for the little bag that it is so I feel jipped this happened within 2 weeks. Any input would be appreciated!

IMG_1491109607.183308.jpg

Shouldn't be like that after a couple of weeks especially if nothing is rubbing against it. These bags are too expensive for things like that to happen so soon. Unfortunately some sub par bags get through quality control now and again.

Reactions: tmorgan
One of my speedy B's has some severe creasing down one side of the bag where the strap attaches and it looks like it will crack soon, It's DE. I purchased the bag on March 2, 2017 and used it twice. It was odd that the wear wasn't identical on both sides of the bag, the other side is pristine and i never stuff my bags-so long story short, I emailed pictures to LV and after 2 weeks of management viewing the pictures I received an okay to exchange for a new one even though I had technically used the bag. One had to be ordered and when it comes in I will drive 2 hours to exchange. I didn't think that kind of wear was acceptable in a week's time after a couple of uses so I'm glad I reached out, I had nothing to lose by doing so. You don't either. These bags and accessories are not $19.99 and even if they were we should still expect them to last. Email them clear pics and also call.

It looks like the corner was hit by something when it was placed into your bag. It doesn't look like a defect of the bag.
I agree that something must have hit the tag, but I also think that the tag's corners may have been better protected had LV used some actual edge varnish. The edges of the interior tags on LV bags have little to no edge varnish which makes them susceptible to this kind of wear.

Reactions: kerplunk
That looks like something rubbed against it... that kind of wear doesn't happen on its own.

Good point and perhaps something did hit against it like when I take my wallet in and out. I am very careful though and all I have in there is my Victorine which doesn't sit at the tag. I guess I'm just disappointed the tag isn't better protected to withstand something like taking my wallet in and out - which is what people use purses for. And if this happened a few months down the road with negligent use, I get it. The 'made in' tag that's inside made of the same leather that's flapping around and hitting my wallet all the time is perfectly fine. I'll mention it to someone the next time I'm at the store and see what they say.

Hello all!

I want to consult with you guys if this is something I should go back to the store for. I bought this pallas clutch about 2 weeks ago and used it maybe 4-5 times so far. Today I noticed this peeling on the tag inside. I use a Victorine wallet and my 6 ring key holder and have some papers and a chapstick. I don't stuff it so it's not like the tag is constantly rubbing against something. It's a small peel but should this happen in 2 weeks within using it 4-5 times? Do you think I'm too petty to ask for an exchange? The pallas clutch is pricey in my opinion for the little bag that it is so I feel jipped this happened within 2 weeks. Any input would be appreciated!

View attachment 3654027
Oh my goodness!!

As already mentioned it looks like something hit/rubbed against the corner. While it's true that LV should've ensured that there was more glazing so that the corner was better protected these things do happen. I would personally take it back to LV and see if they can add a teensy dab of adhesive so that it looks more aesthetically pleasing and won't progress/damage the leather.

Reactions: BleuSaphir
I brought it to the store and the SA pulled out all the new ones they had in the rose poudre. One of the brand new ones looked the same as mine in the exact same corner of the tag while two other ones had solid glazing. She determined it wasn't normal wear and tear. The SA said there's weak glazing on some of the tags and though this could happen again, it shouldn't have happened in a handful of uses. She exchanged it for me.

I brought it to the store and the SA pulled out all the new ones they had in the rose poudre. One of the brand new ones looked the same as mine in the exact same corner of the tag while two other ones had solid glazing. She determined it wasn't normal wear and tear. The SA said there's weak glazing on some of the tags and though this could happen again, it shouldn't have happened in a handful of uses. She exchanged it for me.
Awesome. They are really good about exchanging quickly to keep the client satisfied. It really costs them nothing since the margins on these bags is ridiculous!! Enjoy your new bag!