short people and celine nano luggage

mliLV

Nov 8, 2021
I've been eyeing the celine nano luggage on the preloved market. I have seen lots of youtube videos with mod shots. It appears that the strap isn't adjustable, and I prefer to wear my bags crossbody. I'm 5"3 and I think the strap would be too long for me, based on the videos I saw. For those of you 5"3 and under, how is the strap on you? I'm thinking that this bag might not be the one for me.

Reactions: MariHH
I've been eyeing the celine nano luggage on the preloved market. I have seen lots of youtube videos with mod shots. It appears that the strap isn't adjustable, and I prefer to wear my bags crossbody. I'm 5"3 and I think the strap would be too long for me, based on the videos I saw. For those of you 5"3 and under, how is the strap on you? I'm thinking that this bag might not be the one for me.
I’m 5’1 and tried this in store. No adjustable strap is a deal breaker for me, esp when it is so long to begin with. You’ve got two inches on me but I think a bag that is long overwhelms shorter girls like us.

Reactions: mliLV
I'm about 5'4 and it was indeed too long on me when I tried it on crossbody in store. Also, to my surprise, I found the zipper quite hard to zip/unzip - it wasn't as smooth as I would have expected on a bag of this price point... And because of that, to zip the bag, you have to use one hand to hold onto the other side of the zipper WHILE pulling on the zipper pull with your other hand (hope I make sense) - so effectively you would need both hands to open/close the bag. For this reason I have given up on this bag completely, which is a pity because aesthetically and size wise the bag is perfect. :sad:

Reactions: mliLV
I love the nano luggage but the strap length puts me off getting one as I'm only 5ft2.

I have heard of people getting the strap shortened professionally, and I also follow someone on Instagram who uses the long Celine logo strap with her nano luggage but I'm not sure how well it works.

I'm about 5'4 and it was indeed too long on me when I tried it on crossbody in store. Also, to my surprise, I found the zipper quite hard to zip/unzip - it wasn't as smooth as I would have expected on a bag of this price point... And because of that, to zip the bag, you have to use one hand to hold onto the other side of the zipper WHILE pulling on the zipper pull with your other hand (hope I make sense) - so effectively you would need both hands to open/close the bag. For this reason I have given up on this bag completely, which is a pity because aesthetically and size wise the bag is perfect. :sad:
I know! Such a shame, I also agree that size and aesthetic is perfect

I love the nano luggage but the strap length puts me off getting one as I'm only 5ft2.

I have heard of people getting the strap shortened professionally, and I also follow someone on Instagram who uses the long Celine logo strap with her nano luggage but I'm not sure how well it works.
I also thought about the long Celine logo strap as well, but I too was worried about how it would look. I really do like this bag

I am petite and am glad I purchased the nano luggage. The bag itself is so great and the strap can easily be swapped out, or shortened by creating a knot or sending it off to leather surgeons. I wouldn’t let the strap deter you from missing out on a really useful bag.
Did you get yours in the smooth or drummed leather? I love the smooth leather one but it’s not available on their website currently :confused1:

Did you get yours in the smooth or drummed leather? I love the smooth leather one but it’s not available on their website currently :confused1:

I got both smooth and drummed! Honestly you can’t go wrong with either one. If there’s a particular color and hardware you love, I would just go for it.

Drummed may be less likely to show water marks for a lighter color.

I’m 5’7 and the strap was long on me too. However the bag is beautiful, light, spacious, and goes w everything! I would think that the strap length can easily be shortened by rago brothers or leather surgeons