Shopping - Paramus, NJ or White Plains, NY?

Jul 12, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I'm driving down to NYC at the beginning of April. We will be making a stop at Woodbury and are looking to hit either Paramus or White Plains before heading into NYC. Paramus has Off 5th, Filene's, Century 21 and Marshall's. White Plains has a Nordstrom Rack (any other discount stores) and the normal Neiman Marcus and Saks. I've never been to either Paramus or White Plains so I need your advice on which is better!

Thanks!

Idk about white plains but paramus is good (bergen town centre) plus you have two other malls (paramus mall and garden state) with a neighboring shopping center a bit further from bergen town centre in hackensack which has hermes, louis vuitton, etc.

Access...I live in White Plains. The mall here has Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom as anchors and the usual suspects inbetween. The problem here is the tax is either very high 7 or 8 percent. At least in Jersey you don't pay sales tax on clothes. We lost our Saks years ago. As for Nordstrom Rack here...it's snooze.

I would go with NJ stores just because there isn't sales tax on clothes

but you need to remember that the stores are closed in Bergen County on sundays

and don't go to Woodbury on the weekend, it's a mad house or when it's raining because it's not a covered mall

actually I would skip Woodbury and hit the outlets in NJ, this is my opinion but I find Woodbury very over rated

Agree with Katlun. I live right smack in the middle - 30 minutes each way to Woodbury, White Plains or Paramus, and the best is to go to NJ.

Agree with Katlun. I live right smack in the middle - 30 minutes each way to Woodbury, White Plains or Paramus, and the best is to go to NJ.

I thought I would get stones thrown at me for not liking Woodbury

I remember when that place opened years ago, didn't like it then and actually went back this summer because everyone on this board loves the place and ended up not buying anything, no I did buy ice cream for my kids

I moved from Rockland County, Nanuet, 15 years ago and still miss the shopping in NJ, there are so many mall within minutes of each other and I worked in Paramus in an office building within walking distance of Paramus Park needless to say I don't have to tell you where most of my paycheck went

I thought I would get stones thrown at me for not liking Woodbury

I moved from Rockland County, Nanuet, 15 years ago and still miss the shopping in NJ, there are so many mall within minutes of each other and I worked in Paramus in an office building within walking distance of Paramus Park needless to say I don't have to tell you where most of my paycheck went

I don't like Woodbury myself!!! I only go there knowing what I need, mostly from Williams Sonoma or Le Creuset. Clothes shopping has become really difficult, I can't get anything in my size! I currently work where I drive through GSP so I pass by Paramus all the time! In fact I just perused through bags to see what my next purchase will be.

^Now that is a nice location, everything a half hours drive away.

Anyone know how the Nordstrom Rack in NJ is? I always love the jewelry I see in Nordstrom. Is it worth a trip to the Rack for their jewelry selection?

Have not seen the jewelry at the Rack at all but knowing Nordstrom, it should be well worth the trip!