Shopping Mytheresa

I ordered from them in the EU. Unfortunately I had to return the item. The refund was issued almost immediately, I was very impressed. The customer service was very kind (I called them to order the same dress in another size), but they couldn`t solve my problem. I was assured they would call me back which never happened.

Reactions: sophiegray
HI, same experience, only, that I discovered it after I made the purchase =(
I bought a D&G tote which was quoted around $1000.
Then just now, I saw the Euro price, it was 750 Euros. If you deduct their GST, it's about 630 Euros - huge difference. I am now thinking of writing to them about this - I don't mind getting charged in Euros. My other transaction from another site came back and the bank rate will certainly translate to a lower rate vs. what they are using in their US site.

Sucks..I could consider 1) return it (major hassle as I live outside the US and will have to ask the consolidator to work this out), 2) keeping it (still cheaper compared to the US prices) or 3) writing to them and praying they can reverse the earlier transaction and use Euros.

Anyone who has gone through this already? thoughts?
Hi! I also had a similar experience with MyTheresa. I also only realized about the big difference with use and eu price after paying =(. I know, I should be careful before the payment. I know I made a mistake, but at the same time, I feel cheated. I wonder how your transaction with them turned out? Thank you.

Hi! I also had a similar experience with MyTheresa. I also only realized about the big difference with use and eu price after paying =(. I know, I should be careful before the payment. I know I made a mistake, but at the same time, I feel cheated. I wonder how your transaction with them turned out? Thank you.
Just to let you guys know that my theresa and paypal both sent me emails that the cancellation and refund are approved. What a relief!

If i shop at the uk shop, price was 442 euro but it bcame $750 when i shopped at their us site. I didn’t notice the difference.

Im just glad it is settled. Im losing sleep over this.

My shopping experiences with MyTheresa have always been good, granted I've yet to return anything so I can't speak for the return process.

For orders over NZ$1000, I do get charged global entrance fee, dhl charges and 15% GST (all non-refundable should I return the order). Payment needs to be paid to DHL and proof of payment need to be sent to them before they will attempt delivery.

For orders under NZ$1000, the parcel is usually delivered by the estimated delivery date once it's cleared government clearance.

Giving examples of two orders over $1000:
1) Handbag value: 1340 euros | Entry fee: NZ$51.72 | Entry fee GST: NZ$7.76 | DHL Duty tax receive fee: $15.22 | GST on importation: NZ$340.65 (TOTAL CHARGES: NZ$417.63)
2) Handbag value: 1058 euros | Entry fee: NZ$51.72 | Entry fee GST: NZ$7.76 | DHL Duty tax receive fee: $15.22 | GST on importation: NZ$268.95 (TOTAL CHARGES: NZ$345.93)

As far as cancellations of my orders, always been very streamlined so long as my order hasn't been processed for shipping. I just call in if I need to cancel the order if I haven't received a notice of shipment preparation yet.

The only thing that's just a wee bit cumbersome is that they always seem to require a six digit alphanumeric authorisation code from me for higher value purchases. If these authorisation codes aren't provided within 48 hours, MyTheresa will automatically cancelled the orders. But now I'm prepared - each time I place an order, I immediately call my cc institution(s) for the authorisation codes just in case, so that my orders aren't held up. This is irregardless of the two same credit cards I've always used on their site. Does this happen to anyone else here?

Last edited:
For some reason MyTheresa prices are in euros when shipping to NZ (also not inclusive of VAT) and they're at nearly half the price compared to the US site (and even cheaper than purchasing from YSL retail in Europe). Even with customs and 15% GST for orders over NZ$1000, it's still cheaper than buying retail in France or Europe and far cheaper than buying in the US!

For example:
Small black loulou bag original retail price in euro: €2,400
Small black loulou bag original retail price in USD: $2,950
Small black loulou bag MyTheresa price in euro: €1,316 (or roughly $1,390 USD)
VAT (NZ 15% GST import tax + entry fee and GST + DHL fee): approximately NZ$410

However if I were to change the site's shipping destination to United States (where I'm originally from and am moving back to this June), the currency changes to USD and reflects the retail price of $2,950.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 170013.png

Screenshot 2023-02-27 170222.png

Seems most people are having good experiences with Mytheresa.com. I did not. Here's what happened:

Ordered 2 prs of white lug-sole chelsea booties in 2 sizes...37 & 38, they were both on sale. Kept getting messages that shipment was delayed etc etc. It wasn't too long but it took at least a week longer than NAP or Farfetch etc. Got the boots, decided 37 fit, and 38 would go back. Noticed after 3 days they had been reduced further and asked for a price adjustment on the 37s (had not initiated return on 38's yet). Only response to email CS request was "we're working on your request and sorry for the delay". Fine. CALLED CS, they said send an email. OK, still no response. Looked more closely at the 37s and saw a tear or deep scratch on edge of leather where it joins sole. OK, these are going back also, since even on sale they were $500+and it looked like the leather was tearing away from sole. So I initiated the return for both pairs, packaged everything up with DHL and made sure all documents and packaging were in order. Made a note on return paperwork which shoe had defect and where.

Got an email asking for feedback. Was honest but fair (good selection, a little slow, didn't respond to PA request at all, 1 item defective). They generously sent me a $25 GC for future purchase. Nice! Theres a trend here, though. NO response to CS emails or even phone call, but leave them a review and they are all over the responses!!!

Get an email about a week later "we've received your return" (no details on what, just the order #) then 2 emails a few days apart about "refund delayed, sorry".

Then get an email notifying me I've been refunded for the size 38. Send them a reply, asking about refund for 37. Get standard response "we're working on your request" then "sorry for the delays in responding". Called CS, he opened another ticket, I get standard response of "we're working on your request" then "sorry for the delays in responding" always a day or 2 later.

Finally send a reply: If I am not refunded for the 2nd pair of boots I will open a dispute on CC. Same response "we're working on ......etc etc".

Open dispute with Amex, and upload copies of all my correspondences, return initiation (of both pairs) and photo of defective boot. 1 day later get another "how are we doing, please complete our survey" email from them. OK! on a scale of 0-10, I gave a 0, and outlined all of the above. NOW I apparently got their attention, as suddenly I get a "we're working on your return". 2 days later I'm issued a refund.

Their selection is great. Shipping slower than others, and CS response pretty crappy. Had to leave a less than glowing review and file a dispute to get their attention. I'm closing the dispute as they finally issued the refund (don't know if Amex contacted then as well or not, but I shouldn't have had to go there) but won't be ordering from them again. The hassle is not worth the savings, IMHO.