Shopping for an e-ring as a couple

I sent my DH (then boyfriend) a picture of the ring I liked and said jokingly that he shouldn't propose to me until I have that ring! LOL he was a good sport about it, a few months later when he did propose I got the same style of ring that I had sent him a picture of (solitaire, round brilliant cut) but a smaller size diamond, which is good because I have tiny hands.

That being said, I totally changed my mind 2 years after our engagement and now that we are married, and I am going to a re-mount event next week to upgrade to a three-stone setting, but keeping the original diamond. DH is cool with it though because, as he put it, "tastes change as you get older."

My engagement was a complete surprise...my FI and I have been together for 8+ years at that point, and based on conversations we had been having at the time (back in April), I thought that he was JUST starting to think about buying a ring. I had NO idea that he had been working with a jeweler to custom design my e-ring based on a picture of an antique ring that I had saved for years. So, when he asked me, it was definitely a surprise -- a good one because he was actually paying attention!