Shopping at Chanel Paris Rue de Cambon

Hantan83

Dec 13, 2019
Hi everyone, my daughter and I are going to be in Paris soon. We live in London and with the exchange rate, it is probably cheaper to buy the classic flap in the U.K. (which is what she wants). But she wants the thrill of having something from the original Chanel store but I am afraid she will end up paying more for the same thing! What do you experts think- is it silly? First world problem but she has been saving up and working so hard, I just don’t want her to waste her money.

oh my gosh, i'm sorry but I have to side with your daughter on this one. Every time I go into Chanel on Rue Cambon it feels amazing, I know its a bit silly but it does have a fabulous atmosphere - especially just being in Paris and walking to get there etc. Chanel is amazing in Paris for that feeling of it being the city which it is defined by, I get so sucked in! If she pays more it will suck but don't forget the experience is also magical and that's all part of it. If the sales people are rude etc then you can leave and save, but if its all feeling good I say go for it (Sorry!)

Last edited:
I also agree with your daughter, go to Rue Cambon! I love shopping with my mum and we love our experience at Rue Cambon. I always have what I want to buy ready on my phone and show it to the SA. Even if I am not sure about the colour yet. If the SA ask if you will be purchasing anything else. If you are not interested just politely say no.

I hope you and your daughter have a lovely time in Paris

I think she should go for it just this once. The champagne, the photo at the iconic staircase, the white box and bag make it entirely worth it! It'll be a memory she'll never forget.

(But now that I've done it, I'd actually like to buy next at the famous Bond St/Mayfair store, for the savings!)

oh my gosh, i'm sorry but I have to side with your daughter on this one. Every time I go into Chanel on Rue Cambon it feels amazing, I know its a bit silly but it does have a fabulous atmosphere - especially just being in Paris and walking to get there etc. Chanel is amazing in Paris for that feeling of it being the city which it is defined by, I get so sucked in! If she pays more it will suck but don't forget the experience is also magical and that's all part of it. If the sales people are rude etc then you can leave and save, but if its all feeling good I say go for it (Sorry!)

same here! I love to go to the Rue Cambon store. It’s just so special

Oh wow ladies! The overwhelming feedback is to go for it She is after a classic flap, small/ medium. I think it going to be about £200 difference but she has worked hard for it .... so ...Thank you so much and I can hopefully post a photo update afterwards! Also I am hoping there might be some sale items left for me to rummage through which would be a bonus ...... x

Oh wow ladies! The overwhelming feedback is to go for it She is after a classic flap, small/ medium. I think it going to be about £200 difference but she has worked hard for it .... so ...Thank you so much and I can hopefully post a photo update afterwards! Also I am hoping there might be some sale items left for me to rummage through which would be a bonus ...... x
It will be fabulous! Have fun x

Reactions: Hantan83