"Shooting Star" stamp vs. "Celtic Cross" blindstamp

speaking of special blindstamps...i just bought a birkin from the fsh store last month and it has an hourglass like stamp (2 triangles-1 upright & the other inverted on top) next to the year stamp "O". wonder what that denotes?

Hmmmm not sure but certain large scale repairs get another stamping when i had the plaques and stamps replaced on a birkin the new straps came with a reprint of the original blindstamp and a stronger new R on the same strap so......... Blindstapms have many many variations but should say .............that even though the original post is old i would never buy a shooting star birkin or Kelly because they are usually built in demnstrations around the world when craftsmen travel and show the craft theese bags are the ones they build . Hope it helps .

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all the helpful and interesting information!

At a NYC UES reseller I looked at a birkin with many digits under the Hermes stamp. It looked like the numbers that follow "S" stamps but there was no S.
Has anyone seen this before and/or knows what it means? I didn't buy the bag - wrong color and wrong price for me. But I'm still curious about this stamp.
Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,
Thank you for all the helpful and interesting information!

At a NYC UES reseller I looked at a birkin with many digits under the Hermes stamp. It looked like the numbers that follow "S" stamps but there was no S.
Has anyone seen this before and/or knows what it means? I didn't buy the bag - wrong color and wrong price for me. But I'm still curious about this stamp.
Thanks in advance!

The numbers that are near the embossing (Hermes of Paris etc) are on bags sold to employees of Hermes. Each employee has an individual number which is blind stamped on the bag when purchased. I thought they started with a S but ?

Reactions: VertColSwift
The numbers that are near the embossing (Hermes of Paris etc) are on bags sold to employees of Hermes. Each employee has an individual number which is blind stamped on the bag when purchased. I thought they started with a S but ?
That's a good point, but it's my understanding that the "S" means it was a bag sold on sale. Perhaps then this is a bag sold to an employee but not on sale? Interesting:smile:

When I last time visited the Hermes Ginza boutique in Japan I asked about the shooting star stamp and was told it was not necessarily made by craftsman for him/herself. It can be just made for anyone at workshop. But it is quite unique and is definitely more for collectors.