shoe hoarding

lulilu

O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I used the word "hoarding" rather than collecting, because I have many pairs of shoes that I have purchased and not yet worn. These are not beautiful CL heels that might be showcased in one's dressing room, but regular shoes, e.g., chanel flats, gucci heels, celine sneakers, hermes sandals and heels, COs, brunello cucinelli boots, RV flats and heels, etc etc. I feel compelled to buy, and they sit in my closet unworn. I seem to reach for old favorites.

Does anyone else do this? I live in fear of the new sandals coming in for pre-spring, as I always buy several pairs while the snow is piling up outside, just for the anticipation of warm weather.:P

I used the word "hoarding" rather than collecting, because I have many pairs of shoes that I have purchased and not yet worn. These are not beautiful CL heels that might be showcased in one's dressing room, but regular shoes, e.g., chanel flats, gucci heels, celine sneakers, hermes sandals and heels, COs, brunello cucinelli boots, RV flats and heels, etc etc. I feel compelled to buy, and they sit in my closet unworn. I seem to reach for old favorites.

Does anyone else do this? I live in fear of the new sandals coming in for pre-spring, as I always buy several pairs while the snow is piling up outside, just for the anticipation of warm weather.:P
doesn't sound like a problem to me, lol!!! Sadly, i do the same. I have so many gorgeous beauties that have not seen the light of day.

I totally am guilty of this. Unfortunately, the "bad" thing about having a big collection is that it does take intentional effort to wear certain pairs. I will force myself to go at least one week of wearing and dressing around brand new shoes vs wearing an "old" pair. It's a fun exercise, but takes some planning.

I am considered a shoe hoarder at work and at home. Everyone at work knows about my shoes and even joke about having enough space for them when our office gets a remodel this year. And who's doing all the joking...my boss (male). Every Monday morning I get asked the question -"did you buy any shoes this weekend?". I know it's all in fun so I'm ok with it. I am TRYING to not buy anymore this year so we'll see.

I am considered a shoe hoarder at work and at home. Everyone at work knows about my shoes and even joke about having enough space for them when our office gets a remodel this year. And who's doing all the joking...my boss (male). Every Monday morning I get asked the question -"did you buy any shoes this weekend?". I know it's all in fun so I'm ok with it. I am TRYING to not buy anymore this year so we'll see.

Same as you. See if they will build you a shoe rack during the office remodel ;)

Shopmore said:

Yup, I'm the shoe freak at my office also.

I buy a lot of shoes on impulse and then let them sit in my closet for a period of time because above all else, I hate ruining the soles lol. I can't stand looking at a beautiful leather sole and then walking across a parking lot or out in my driveway to get in my car and instantly they're not so beautiful anymore. This has led to me wearing my low end shoes more than I'd like to.

I think this is a somewhat OCD thing. Eventually I end up giving in and wearing them, I had 2 pairs of Fendi flats that sat for at least 2 months and when I finally wore them it broke my heart a little but I was glad to have gotten it over with! Next up are a couple pairs of Bottega Venetas & Manolos..I'm dreading it! lol but they are shoes, there will always be another pair for me to lust over, and I won't let my wonderful collection go to waste in the dark of my closet.

Try choosing outfits for them at the beginning of the week and stick to a plan to wear them, even if an old reliable pair is speaking to you.

I'm heading down this path now and probably need to stop. I recently got a great new job with a huge pay raise from my last and I've been going totally nuts. In the past three months I've bought several pairs of Minnetonkas (I think I now have 15 of them) a pair of Coach boots and I'm about to buy some Le Chameau wellies (and that's not even counting the new purses!).

Everyone at my office is like "oh those are some snazzy new shoes, how many do you HAVE?" I have an empty filing cabinet next to me and so I store many pairs of shoes in it (so I can commute in wellies or something).

And I definitely do that thing about the soles of my shoes. I usually find wearing them around my house gets them dirty enough that I stop worrying so much about it.

i classify my shoe purchases into two groups: faddish and classic. i tend to buy shoes in spurts (10 pairs right before christmas) so will have pairs that sit around unworn but those are only the classic ones (basic chanel flats, plain lanvin flats). my thinking is that even if languish in my shoe closet for several seasons, they will never look passe. however, i make sure to wear the trendy shoes immediately (studded valentino, balenciaga floral sneakers).

I also love shoes! The random unbranded ones are in my garage !
Branded ones are inmy closet !
I have way too many unused ones and have sole
At least 20 pairs last year!
I will sell probably 10 pairs more and will just buy If really
Needed!!! :smile:

I have to admit I must have like 30% of my shoes completely new in the box still, and I don't even have a big collection!
Wearing them will be my new yr resolution :smile:

hehe... I do this too. Is there a problem?!??! :P

I used to do this with make-up and skincare products too... but now I'm much better at it.

I think it just takes time for you to move from one interest to another. For me, "hoarding" is collecting JUNK or things that are absolutely of no monetary or sentimental value. And if "everything" is sentimental to you, then you may have a problem with attachment lol.