Shipping to Hong Kong - confirmed addresses??

Nordy's girl

My youngest!
Sep 23, 2008
I think I have shipped to Hong Kong before and I could have sworn that the buyer provided me with a confirmed address. It didn't show up in the Ebay email as confirmed (the one they send you after your item has sold), but when I went to Paypal, the item address was confirmed.

I have a buyer who has asked to bid on something and says she can't provide a confirmed address, but a correct one, because no addresses in Hong Kong are confirmed. I didn't think that was the case but wanted to check first before I allow a bid. I'm worried that if she bids and I ship to her I will have no protection if I ship to this unconfirmed address, however I think I also remember reading that some overseas addresses couldn't be confirmed.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

Only addresses in Canada, US and HK can be confirmed.

As long as you go by the "ship to" address then you should be protected. It should also indicate if you are eligible for sellers protection underneath the address.

By HK do you mean Hong Kong, or did you mean UK, United Kingdom? I am just worried because she's from Honk Kong and wants to do a buy it now and I just want to make sure I'm protected. I believe now I am. I didn't want to complete the transaction if I wasn't protected, but it appears that I am.
Thanks for your help Pro-shopper, I appreciate the info!

Thanks! The buyer actually just purchased the item today and it shows as a confirmed address to Hong Kong. (I think the HK was a typo as well though). So good to know that Paypal is adding more confirmed address locations. I am relieved as now I know what my seller protection is. So, for anyone else out there thinking about shipping to Hong Kong they do have confirmed addresses!
Thanks ladyisobel for your help as well!