Shipping to Canada

pugs2

Sep 23, 2010
I sold my LV Trevi GM on ebay and shipped it via Express Mail to Canada. I just tracked the package and it shows it cleared Canada customs 3 days ago, but it still has not been delivered. I thought Express Mail was guaranteed to be delivered in 5 days. I was also wondering if anyone in Canada can let me know if this is normal. Whenever I ship items to the UK or Asia once they clear customs they are delivered the next day. If you live in Canada do you have to go to the post office to pick the package up? Do they leave a note for you to go to the post office? I'm starting to get concerned, since this is a $2,400 handbag.

I sold my LV Trevi GM on ebay and shipped it via Express Mail to Canada. I just tracked the package and it shows it cleared Canada customs 3 days ago, but it still has not been delivered. I thought Express Mail was guaranteed to be delivered in 5 days. I was also wondering if anyone in Canada can let me know if this is normal. Whenever I ship items to the UK or Asia once they clear customs they are delivered the next day. If you live in Canada do you have to go to the post office to pick the package up? Do they leave a note for you to go to the post office? I'm starting to get concerned, since this is a $2,400 handbag.

Hi there,

I'ts happened to me several times and is normal. If you required signature confirmation and the receiver is not home, then yes a notice will be left for P/U the next day at a local postal outlet. If customs added additional duty charges, the receiver must also p/u at postal outlet in order to pay the fees.

I hope this helps :smile:

I have noticed a couple of times even with Canada to Canada posting that I sign for the item one day and then the next day it shows up in the system as "delivered". I would send a note to your buyer if you are concerned, as maybe there is a lag in the system or they have just recieved the card.

when an item clears customs is not always accurate, they mark it as cleared and it could take days to actually leave customs. The 5 days does not take into account customs

Thank you for all for the great advice. I feel better knowing that it's normal for a package to take this long. I did email my buyer to let her know the current status.

Canada Post is the worst!
I had been tracking a package coming from Vermont, and it languished in customs for a whole week until it was released, and once it was released for processing at the local facility...in my own city, it still took 5 days to get it. This seems to be the norm lately with Canada Post, even if no Customs clearance is required.